PDA

View Full Version : Interesting backpacking & lens case solutions

Stephen Willard
8-Dec-2006, 21:37
I happen to stumble on a website that offers some really interesting solutions specifically for LF backpacks and LF lenses. The company is called photobackpacker and there website is www.Photobackpacker.com.

Has anybody used there products and can comment about there experience with them?

Jan Pedersen
8-Dec-2006, 22:17
Looks very interesting and is reasonably priced, hope there will be some with user experience chiming in. My fishing tackle backpack is not working out as i was hoping. This could be the solution..

Jeffrey Sipress
8-Dec-2006, 22:30
This guy lists the lens cases on ebay all the time. They look nice.

matthew blais
9-Dec-2006, 08:43
I have one of Bruce's 8x10 camera case for my Master View. At $49 it was a bargain.
Made well and and gives good basic protection.

roteague
9-Dec-2006, 09:10
I happen to stumble on a website that offers some really interesting solutions specifically for LF backpacks and LF lenses. The company is called photobackpacker and there website is www.Photobackpacker.com.

Has anybody used there products and can comment about there experience with them?

I know Bruce, and have bought a couple of items from him. He is a great guy, and his focus is on "quality". I know that he has rejected items from manufacturer of his products in the past for simple items like not having the correct zipper - that is how dedicated he is to the quality of his product.

Alan Davenport
9-Dec-2006, 11:22
I'm not in the market for a backpack right now, but I'd certainly give his products consideration if I were. His prices are reasonable, and you'll never find a better backpack than Kelty, IMO.

AnselAdamsX
9-Dec-2006, 13:46
I just purchased a setup for my toploading pack to carry a Wista SP with one lens, 5 more lenses and 7 filters. The filters fit nicely in the 4x4 cases and I had plenty of partitioning peices. It totals 16.4 pounds. The velcro has no problem holding this weight. It will also fit in my rolling suitcase or my duffle bag. I have only had it out once on a short hike. It is a nice system. I can pull everything out of the pack with one hand. My version of the backing board has two handles on it. Bruce said some field testing suggested this improvement. It comes in handy when moving it around outside the pack. After my first hike I decided to rearrange how I carry the lenses. I had them horizontal on top of my camera. I'm now going to have them verticle. It makes the whole package slimmer and easier to secure with my packs external compression straps. Also the pack has zippered access on each side. And I'm thinking now that my lens cases are verticle I could keep it in the pack once the camera is out and still have access to all the lenses and easily move to another position.

Chris

Capocheny
9-Dec-2006, 14:19
FWIW,

Bruce is also highly responsive to emails... I wouldn't hesitate buying one of his backpacks and storage solutions if I needed one.

And, that'll be coming up real soon! :)

Cheers

Rick Russell
9-Dec-2006, 14:29
After using a Lowepro backpack, I decided to give the Photobackpacker a try. I love it! It is much lighter in weight, and comfortable to boot! Bruce has been wonderful to interact with.

An example of the great customer care with Bruce took place after one of the zippers on a lens case stopped working, days before I planned to leave the country on vacation with my camera. Bruce immediately replaced the defective lens case, and followed up with me upon my return from vacation to ensure that I was completely satisfied.

Bruce is great to communicate with, and sells a wonderful product! I would not hesitate to purchase another backpack along with camera and lens cases, and have enthusiastically recommended Bruce's products to others.

cyrus
9-Dec-2006, 14:30
I just received a few items from Photobackpacker.com - a case for my 8x10 deardorf, another for my 4x5 toyo field 45A, and three for the lensboards. I got a free "backer board" too. The quality of the products are great, everything looks fine. I especially like the idea that the cases can be velcro'ed to the back board, which can be inserted into backpacks. That way, the cases sort of float in the air, held up by the velcro attachment to the backer board.