PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Dorothy Blum Cooper
5-Dec-2006, 21:50
Thought I'd venture over to where the big cameras are ;) I see some names I recognize...some I don't. Regardless...I look forward to reading, learning and meeting new folks here.

I'm new to North Carolina by way of Louisiana (thanks to Katrina), so I'm still in the 'unpacking' phase of things. Haven't built the darkroom yet, but diving back in to photography...more importantly, larger format. :p

Scott Rosenberg
5-Dec-2006, 21:59
i think there may be something wrong with your calm before the storm link... the page says loading for some time, but never launches.

Dorothy Blum Cooper
5-Dec-2006, 22:03
It only works if you have cable/dsl (fast internet). If you have dialup...forget it!!!

It takes a bit to load, but you need to have your volume on as well. It'll work. ;)

Geary Lyons
5-Dec-2006, 22:04
Welcome Dorothy! Winter's almost here, so get those boxes unpacked and the DR cranking!

Cheers,
Geary

naturephoto1
5-Dec-2006, 22:09
Welcome Dorothy. Another APUGer has decided to join and visit. :D You will see many of us here including some that are moderators on one site and subscribers/members on the other.:eek:

Rich

Scott Rosenberg
5-Dec-2006, 22:13
It only works if you have cable/dsl (fast internet). If you have dialup...forget it!!!

It takes a bit to load, but you need to have your volume on as well. It'll work. ;)

Hmmmmm, i've got high speed (cable) but nothing ever happens. i'm using firefox as my browser if that's significant.

naturephoto1
5-Dec-2006, 22:17
Hmmmmm, i've got high speed (cable) but nothing ever happens. i'm using firefox as my browser if that's significant.

Hi Scott,

You may want to try it again. I was able to load through my high speed Verizon DSL and Firefox. It took a little time and indicated that it was loading and then it ran.

Rich

Dorothy Blum Cooper
5-Dec-2006, 22:18
Just checked from here on Firefox...runs fine. Not sure why it's not working for you.

Jim Galli
5-Dec-2006, 22:40
Hi Dorothy! Very glad you're here. I would be lost for a while in a new place. Hope you're getting your feet on the ground and that MasterView fired up.

roteague
5-Dec-2006, 22:43
Aloha Dorothy!!! It is good to see you here as well.

roteague
5-Dec-2006, 22:47
By the way, I LOVE YOUR "Calm Before the Storm"; I could sit and listen to that music all day.

John Kasaian
5-Dec-2006, 23:16
Welcome aboard!

Ole Tjugen
6-Dec-2006, 00:15
Welcome Dorothy. Another APUGer has decided to join and visit. :D You will see many of us here including some that are moderators on one site and subscribers/members on the other.:eek:

Who might you be thinking of? :confused:

Welcome anyway, Dorothy. :cool:

Amund BLix Aaeng
6-Dec-2006, 02:27
Welcome Dorothy, nice to see you here too. :)

Graeme Hird
6-Dec-2006, 04:34
G'day Dorothy. Good to see you over here too.

Cheers,
Graeme

Dorothy Blum Cooper
6-Dec-2006, 06:17
Gosh...you guys have made me feel at home here already!! It's nice to see the best of the best ;) Look forward to hangin' around you all!!

Ted Harris
6-Dec-2006, 07:26
Hi Dorothy ... Ole .. why do you think you are the guilty party? :)

Eric Biggerstaff
6-Dec-2006, 10:14
Welcome Dorothy, glad you joined the group.

Dorothy Blum Cooper
6-Dec-2006, 10:22
By the way, I LOVE YOUR "Calm Before the Storm"

:cool: Thanks so much!!

Pete Watkins
6-Dec-2006, 12:24
Dorothy,
I can get "Calm Before The Storm" to work over here (2.2 Mbps broadband) and it's stunning. Thanks for bothering.
Pete.

domenico Foschi
6-Dec-2006, 13:54
Welcome Dorothy,
I hope you will get from this forum lots of info, friends and support just like I did.
All the best,

Domenico

John Bowen
6-Dec-2006, 14:57
Dorothy,

I too enjoyed "Calm Before The Storm." Welcome to the Large Format Fourm, it's a great place to hang out.

Bob Gentile
6-Dec-2006, 17:25
Just one more voice saying, "Good to see you here."

Bill Hahn
7-Dec-2006, 19:40
And yet another welcome from someone who is on multiple sites...and thanks for your posting re: Nicole....

Alex Hawley
7-Dec-2006, 19:47
Hi Dorothy. Add me to the list of APUG/LF members who are glad you are here.

Diane Maher
8-Dec-2006, 06:49
Hi Dorothy! Another APUG/LF member here.

John Voss
8-Dec-2006, 10:09
APUG? What's an APUG? :D Welcome, Dorothy. I've not been here very long, but I've enjoyed it thus far...I'm sure you will as well.

Capocheny
8-Dec-2006, 21:50
Hello Dorothy,

Welcome to the forum!

It's a great place to hang out. :)

Cheers

Colin Graham
9-Dec-2006, 09:01
Hi Dorothy, you and Miles Davis are always welcome. Nice choice of music. Kind of Blue is my all time favorite album.

Dorothy Blum Cooper
9-Dec-2006, 15:22
Kind of Blue is my all time favorite album.

One of our favorites too! Seemed the perfect fit for the work and the mood at the time (it was all put together within the first two weeks of Katrina's landfall). The song has a melancholy vibe to it...sort of the same 'feel' that the area had just after the storm hit.

At any rate...thanks for all the nice feedback and 'welcomes'. Look forward to visiting here with ya'll.

Jim Rice
9-Dec-2006, 15:46
Howdy back at ya Dorothy. If you start jonesing too badly for some community coffee or anything else Nawlins just let me know.

Dorothy Blum Cooper
9-Dec-2006, 19:56
If you start jonesing too badly for some community coffee or anything else Nawlins just let me know.

Aw...you're sweet to offer.

But with family in New Orleans, Covington, Hammond, Baton Rouge and Iota (yes, there really is an Iota out there in Cajun Country) among many other locals, we usually get our requests met. My husband is elated that he can even order Andoille, Hog Head Cheese and the other 'staples' he craves from home. Would you believe that I actually found Community Coffee at the Target here in Wake Forest? This, after we had placed a rather large order online with CC directly!! No complaints, though. Glad that we have access to it locally!!

I will let you know if I have any trouble getting Beignet Mix...now that is something I'm missing already (Morning Call & Cafe du Monde). :(

roteague
9-Dec-2006, 20:15
One of our favorites too! Seemed the perfect fit for the work and the mood at the time (it was all put together within the first two weeks of Katrina's landfall). The song has a melancholy vibe to it...sort of the same 'feel' that the area had just after the storm hit.

I never liked jazz, but that soundtrack is making me realize that there probably is some jazz that I do like. It's very relaxing; of course, the images are what make the whole presentation, and what gives it emotion. I've got it bookmarked to share with others.