PDA

View Full Version : Silverfast with different scanners

PViapiano
29-Nov-2006, 02:08
Does anyone know if Silverfast AI for a Microtek will work with an Epson? Or are they all matched to the exact model scanner...?

Thanks!

QT Luong
29-Nov-2006, 02:12
I think they are matched to a scanner (and priced accordingly).

Walter Calahan
29-Nov-2006, 05:19
Each version of SilverFast is designed for a specific scanner. Are you upgrading from a Microtek to an Epson. First check to see if SilverFast comes with the scanner you're upgrading to, and if not, call SilverFast to see if they'd honor your license and transfer it to the new scanner. SilverFast has always been very nice to me on the phone, but then I've never asked to make a licensing transfer.

Ted Harris
29-Nov-2006, 07:08
To add to Walter's post ... Silverfast will not transfer your license from one make/modelof scanner to another. However, they do offer an upgrade program and, depending on your particular situation, also have crossgrade programs available that may enable you to buy the license for your new scanner at a significantly reduced price. I am being nonspecific because they have many permutations of their plans and they don't always show them all on the web.

Finally, call Jim at Midwest. He frequentlyhas Silverfast at well below the retail price.

PViapiano
29-Nov-2006, 10:53
OK, thanks guys...

There was a version of Silverfast AI on ebAy for a Microtek, going for $29...but I'm ordering an Epson V700. I'll just upgrade from the Silverfast SE that's included with the scanner...

The Silverfast website doesn't make it easy to see all the permutations of product offerings/upgrades, and the comparisons between them.