PDA

View Full Version : Wisner......maybe there is still hope.

Jorge Gasteazoro
28-Nov-2006, 16:47
Ok, I am happy to report that my part is on its way. Mr. Wisner did not charge me until he shipped the part and I got progress reports almost every 8 hours.

Did it take some proding and bitching? Yes it did, but as I see it in the past there were promises made that were never fullfilled. In my case after the initial months of wait I actually got the part put together and shipped in 4 days (and this was over the Thanksgiving weekend!). If Mr. WIsner manages to reduce his response time a little bit and continues to do as he did with me, e.i. Not charge until shipping, send tracking number, and actually keep the customer informed, I am willing to bet we might see Wisner cameras on the come back.

IMO this is good news, the cameras are reasonably priced, great to look at, and when they work, they work very well. The other big complaint about the cameras was lack of quality control, well if he has managed to get a handle on this as well (and judging from the pictures he sent to me of his new workshop, it seem he plans on reducing production and paying more care to small details) I think the results will be beneficial to all of those who love LF.

Anyhow, I thought I would let you all know how this tale ended. I think this is good news!

Capocheny
28-Nov-2006, 16:49
Jorge,

Good to hear... I like happy endings! :)

Cheers

Caroline Matthews
28-Nov-2006, 16:51
Jorge,

You're a fair-minded gentleman!

Jay Wolfe
28-Nov-2006, 16:55
Thanks for straightening out Wisner. Now on to World peace, I hope.

John Hannon
28-Nov-2006, 17:18
Jorge, I am glad it worked out. I look forward to seeing your work with this camera.

--John

Donald Miller
28-Nov-2006, 17:29
Jorge, Thanks for explaining the outcome. It makes me feel better.

Robert Brummitt
28-Nov-2006, 17:31
How did you get him? I have my spring for my graflock back to be replace. Any information would be greatly needed!

Jorge Gasteazoro
28-Nov-2006, 17:38
How did you get him? I have my spring for my graflock back to be replace. Any information would be greatly needed!

My initial contact was through his web site http://www.wisner.com/ and I do have his cell number but I am weary of giving it out without his permission. If you cannot get him through the web site, his personal e mai address is RWisn@aol.com you will surely get a hold of him there.

My advice is to give him a time line for the part and ask him if he can deliver by then. I asked that my part be delivered to me before Dec 15, and I asked him that if he was unable to do it to just tell me and no hard feelings. He promised the part to me before my deadline and he came through with flying colors. Things are not perfect, but I can say he is making an honest effort to improve them.

Michael Kadillak
28-Nov-2006, 19:45
Great news. I hope that this reformatting of Ron's business will results in his ability (and desire) to continue to be a contributor to this eclectic artistic community both with his knowledge base and with his products and (hopefully) timely service.

We all simply want Ron to be reasonable with his business practices commensurate with what he would expect if he were the consumer. Yes, we have patience and understand that stuff happens but no communication is a hard pill to swallow for anyone. All you need to do is DELEGATE this responsibility and that will allow you to not have to be in the daily loop when you want to photograph or whatever. Took me a while to figure this one out in my business but it works.

Cheers!

Jorge Gasteazoro
28-Nov-2006, 20:02
All you need to do is DELEGATE this responsibility and that will allow you to not have to be in the daily loop when you want to photograph or whatever. Took me a while to figure this one out in my business but it works.

Cheers!

I told Mr. Wisner this. I wrote to him that he should be available for technical question but that the day to day customer service should be handeled by someone else. He acknowledged this and said he is working on it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.