PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Geelong Australia

Michael Wynd
27-Nov-2006, 20:53
I should have done this a while back as I have been lurking here for some time. My name's Michael and I live in Geelong, Australia. I have just lashed out and ordered a new Tachihara 8x10 triple extension from Jeff at Badger Graphics and now have to wait 45 days because he just sold the last one on Saturday.
I noticed that there is another person who goes by the name of "Whale" who also lives in Geelong, it would be good to catch up, because I thought I was the only large fomat user in Geelong.
I've learnt a lot from reading what you have posted and would like to thank you all. Quite a bit of it I've passed on to the photography teachers at the tertiary institution I work at. I hope you don't mind, but I like to keep the students informed of anything that might help them.
Cheers
Mike

Ralph Barker
27-Nov-2006, 20:55
Welcome to the LF Forum, Michael.

roteague
27-Nov-2006, 20:59
Hi Michael, welcome from Hawaii. Glad to see you here.

Paul Ewins
27-Nov-2006, 21:19
Hi Michael, and welcome from a bit further around Port Phillip Bay (not that you can see it from my house deep in the suburbs....). I'm a 4x5 user just getting into 8x10 following a deal I couldn't resist on a Cambo SC.
regards,
Paul

Andrew O'Neill
27-Nov-2006, 22:43
Welcome aboard, Michael! You've come to the right place!

Capocheny
28-Nov-2006, 00:35
Hi Michael,

Welcome... from Vancouver, BC in Canada.

Just make sure that Jeff doesn't send your camera double-boxed in an apple crate! LOL... Your mates in Customs will quarantine it for a couple of weeks!

Have fun with the Tachihara... it's a very nice camera! :)

Cheers

Graeme Hird
28-Nov-2006, 21:19
G'day wyno,

Great to see you around here. I'm jealous- a Tachi 10x8! Excellent.

Cheers,
Graeme

roteague
28-Nov-2006, 21:53
G'day wyno,

Great to see you around here. I'm jealous- a Tachi 10x8! Excellent.

Cheers,
Graeme

And glad to see you around as well. When are you going to post images of your new gallery?

Graeme Hird
28-Nov-2006, 22:12
And glad to see you around as well. When are you going to post images of your new gallery?

Hmmm, I suppose I could post some shots, but I haven't completely finished fitting it out. I need to install another four free-standing display panels before I consider the gallery to be "finished". We are open though and selling pictures, and they are the main things.

Cheers,
Graeme

roteague
28-Nov-2006, 22:44
We are open though and selling pictures, and they are the main things.

Cheers,
Graeme

Wonderful news :D :D :D

Maris Rusis
2-Dec-2006, 17:16
You'll like the Tachihara 8x10 triple extension camera. Mine has worked perfectly since 1991. The Tachihara double extension 8x10 has been good since 1992 as have the 4x5 Tachiharas. But they all show their age. The bright cherry-wood has darkened to a deeper reddish brown and the metal-work has a patina.

In contrast to ordinary modern metal/plastic cameras the Tachiharas seem not to be spoiled through use.