PDA

View Full Version : Toyo 45A- tilt stop lever

Dvenosa
24-Nov-2006, 12:18
Hi,

I just received my Toyo 45A, it didnt came with any instructions, however, I downloaded one. The instruction that I have downloaded is not really clear and I cant find how( or why) to use the -tilting stop lever- any clue?

thanks,

Daniel

tim atherton
24-Nov-2006, 12:40
On the rear?

When it is set the back should then open up to the zero position - i.e. it is perpendicular to the bed.

When the stop lever is released, it let's you tilt the back further than 90 degrees.

Having the lever set allows you to open up and set the standard quickly

roteague
24-Nov-2006, 13:33
As Tim pointed out. It also lets you know when the rear standard is in the neutral position.

Ted Harris
24-Nov-2006, 13:45
To further Tim's statement. Allthis assumes the 45A operates the same as the current AX and AII which, AFAIK, it does:

1) Front tilt is managed by two levers on either side of the front standard; flip either one DOWN and the standard is locked, both is the tight lock.

2) Rear tilt is managed by the knobs at the bottom of the rear and little levers right above the knobs. Loosening the knobs gives you forward tilt ONLY and the back will stop at 90 degrees from the bed. To get back tilt you need to flip both of the levers right above the knobs UP. Default position of the levers is down, as Tim noted, allowing quick setup and takedown of the camera.

Jean-Marie Solichon
24-Nov-2006, 14:38
"flip either one DOWN and the standard is locked"
Are you sure?????

Dvenosa
24-Nov-2006, 15:29
Got it! ;)

thanks for the help...

Ted Harris
24-Nov-2006, 15:33
Duhhhhhhhh ............ How about UP instead of DOWN .... sorry bout that!

Lazybones
29-Nov-2006, 15:47
Where can you download the Toyo manuals?

DavidFisk
29-Nov-2006, 16:45
Where can you download the Toyo manuals?

Even assuming that you can, you probably wouldn't want to. When I got my AX a few years ago, it was abundantly clear that the manual writer's native language was anything but English. It was better to futz around with the contols myself rather than trying to understand what the manual was trying to say.

roteague
29-Nov-2006, 18:15
Even assuming that you can, you probably wouldn't want to. When I got my AX a few years ago, it was abundantly clear that the manual writer's native language was anything but English. It was better to futz around with the contols myself rather than trying to understand what the manual was trying to say.

Agreed. I have a 45AII I bought new, and I have the manual for. However, the English in the manual is so bad it makes the manual basically unreadable.