PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a 5X7 Graflex SLR?

Jim Galli
21-Nov-2006, 09:00
Does anyone know if new shutter curtains are available for this beastie?

Dan Fromm
21-Nov-2006, 09:16
Ask Fred Lustig. He's in Reno, has no internet presence, look in the phone book.

william linne
21-Nov-2006, 11:38
Try Ken Ruth at Photography on Bald Mountain. He is a whiz at rebuilding shutters.

David A. Goldfarb
21-Nov-2006, 12:00
I think they can be rebuilt from shutter curtain material. Fred Lustig is the Graflex guy, but I'm sure people like Frank Marshman could also do it.

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
21-Nov-2006, 12:00
Jim,

If parts exist, Fred Lustig has them. If not somebody like Ken Ruth might custom build one for you. One more possibility is Bert Saunders; I don't know if he actually does repairs but he knows quite a bit about the graflexes. If you can't find his email contact me off line and I will forward it to you.

jason

ps: Let us know what you find. I have a 5x7 Press which someday may need a new curtain.

Jon Shiu
21-Nov-2006, 14:23
Bert Saunders has repaired the shutter curtain for my Graflex RB ser. D not too long ago.

Jon

Wayne Crider
22-Nov-2006, 21:38
I just read a post where a forum poster had procured shutter material from a person in Japan that was better then what was available here in the states. Problem is I can't remember where I read it. Perhaps APUG. Try a search using shutter material as a phrase.

jnantz
22-Nov-2006, 22:54
for quite some time fred lustig and his wife have made new shutter material. i heard they have a die and metal bits and rubberized fabric &C. he is the person to call.

Pete Roody
15-Apr-2007, 12:37
Does anyone know if new shutter curtains are available for this beastie?

Jim,

Sorry to revive an older post, but did you ever find a source for the shutter curtains?

Pete

Jim Galli
15-Apr-2007, 12:59
HI Pete. Well, I called Fred a few times and didn't get an answer and I'm guilty of a short attention span. I lost interest and sold it for parts value at a rather nasty loss for those of you who are keeping track.

Pete Roody
15-Apr-2007, 13:43
HI Pete. Well, I called Fred a few times and didn't get an answer and I'm guilty of a short attention span. I lost interest and sold it for parts value at a rather nasty loss for those of you who are keeping track.

Thanks Jim,

I was hoping you had found the motherload of Graflex parts!

Pete