PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted

Shen45
20-Nov-2006, 17:35
I have a very good friend to blame for my addiction -- the Nevada lens miner -- and I wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with the Wollensak 12" Velostigmat. Not the soft focus version, the standard lens. Well the SF as well if you like as it can also be used "straight".

If you have one and use it what are the subjects you feel it shines on and can you post some images.

What are the characteristics that you feel are its strong points. And why?

I have formed my own opinions and post this only to gauge feedback from others with a similar addiction.

Here in Australia satisfying this particular type of addiction is ---- lonely :)

Steve

Andrew O'Neill
20-Nov-2006, 22:41
I have been wanting one...one of these days...

Jack Flesher
21-Nov-2006, 09:44
I just recently acquired a very clean one mounted in a Betax. I am in the process of getting the Betax flange mounted to an Arca board so I can try it out on my 8x10. Since I haven't shot it yet I cannot comment, but I certainly am excited about the prospects!

Cheers,

Mark Sampson
21-Nov-2006, 10:49
Jack has my old lens. It's a tessar-formula, so it's sharp. Uncoated, so low-contrast, and unsuited for shooting into the light. I hadn't used it in decades- and was never interested in the soft-focus idea- so I let it go. Jim Galli showed some nice work done with his recently.

Shen45
21-Nov-2006, 16:45
Jack has my old lens. It's a tessar-formula, so it's sharp. Uncoated, so low-contrast, and unsuited for shooting into the light. I hadn't used it in decades- and was never interested in the soft-focus idea- so I let it go. Jim Galli showed some nice work done with his recently.

I was "there" Mark. :)

Hence my addiction.

Steve