PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Micro Ceramic Luster from InkJet Art?

Hugh Sakols
19-Nov-2006, 16:26
Inkjet Art .com offers a Micro Ceramic Luster paper that they claim to be very similiar to Ilford Smooth Pearl. I'm curious if anyone has used this paper and what they think of it. It is considerably cheaper than Epson or Ilford Papers. Also what profile did you use when printing on this paper. I believe they have a generic profile available for download.

Jim collum
19-Nov-2006, 16:51
Inkjet Art .com offers a Micro Ceramic Luster paper that they claim to be very similiar to Ilford Smooth Pearl. I'm curious if anyone has used this paper and what they think of it. It is considerably cheaper than Epson or Ilford Papers. Also what profile did you use when printing on this paper. I believe they have a generic profile available for download.

i use it and find it an excellent paper for a photo paper. i've left images sitting in the back window of my car to stress test them , and haven't had any fading yet.

Ken Lee
19-Nov-2006, 17:01
I got a few sheets when I ordered some sample prints (to compare the output of a variety of printers). They print out a very thorough target file (http://www.inkjetart.com/custom/).

I recommend them highly - they give good advice, for free. I bought my Epson R2400 and my inks from them, in spite of the shipping distance from Utah to Massachusetts.

Jack Flesher
19-Nov-2006, 17:05
I tried it and found it more coarsely textured than Pearl, and even a bit more coarse than Epson's Premium luster. In the end, I prefer Premium Luster, but if you like the texture it definitely holds ink well ;) FWIW, I prefer IJA micro-ceramic gloss to Epson Premium gloss for my glossy prints.

Bart Nadeau_6607
19-Nov-2006, 18:02
I buy it by the roll and think it is great!