PDA

View Full Version : 240mm G-Claron Lenscape Size?

Gary Smith
19-Nov-2006, 04:16
Hi All,

I managed to get a nice deal on 240mm G-Claron, but it does not come with lenscaps. The lens has not arrived yet, but I would like to order caps before it arrives. Does anybody happen to know the size of the front and rear caps?

Thanx!

Gary

Capocheny
19-Nov-2006, 05:53
Hi All,

I managed to get a nice deal on 240mm G-Claron, but it does not come with lenscaps. The lens has not arrived yet, but I would like to order caps before it arrives. Does anybody happen to know the size of the front and rear caps?

Thanx!

Gary

Gary,

Check the Schneider website... but, fyi, it's 52mm.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=1112&IID=2069

BTW, it's a very nice chunk of glass! :)

Cheers

Brian Ellis
19-Nov-2006, 09:48
IMHO the best way to get caps for Schneider lenses is to order them from Schneider USA. If you just tell them which lens you have they'll send the caps for about what you'd pay anywhere else. That way you know they'll fit and you don't have to worry about compatability between your measurements and some after-market manufacturer's measurements.

Barry Wilkinson
19-Nov-2006, 11:08
I have just measured my 240 (but only with a plastic rule). The front is 55mm, rear 52mm (internal measurements). I had a similar problem here in the UK. Schneider in Germany pointed me to the UK importers. The UK importers then told me they no longer stock them and had sold all there remaining stock to a local dealer! I suspect you may get better luck with Schneider USA.

Barry
UK

Kirk Fry
19-Nov-2006, 15:45
Over the several decades they made the G-clarons, the front thread sizes varied. The new ones are 52 mm but the older ones are not. Better wait to get the item in hand.

Kirk

Gary Smith
19-Nov-2006, 16:03
Dear All,

Thank you for the information. It seems the best thing to do is wait and see what shows up. But I do appreciate the help.

Thanx.

Gary

Barry Wilkinson
20-Nov-2006, 05:29
BTW some additional info regarding my earlier post...

My 240 is a fairly late one with a 52mm filter thread. It still requires a 55mm lenscap.

Barry
UK

Gary Smith
20-Nov-2006, 06:01
Barry,

Thank you very much for checking! Its greatly appreciated. The lens should be here tomorrow and then I will just double check before I order the caps.

Thanx!

Gary

Capocheny
20-Nov-2006, 12:39
BTW some additional info regarding my earlier post...

My 240 is a fairly late one with a 52mm filter thread. It still requires a 55mm lenscap.

Barry
UK

Barry,

Good point... I use a snap in Nikon lenscap. :)

Cheers

ronald moravec
21-Nov-2006, 05:46
Schneider USA sent me a few free. Nice lady there.

I would surely like to know what happens to caps. 75% of the lenses seem to be missing them. I think they must be thrown away for spite just before the lens is sold.

Gary Smith
21-Nov-2006, 05:54
Schneider USA sent me a few free. Nice lady there.

I would surely like to know what happens to caps. 75% of the lenses seem to be missing them. I think they must be thrown away for spite just before the lens is sold.

No I am sure there is a blackhole somewhere for lenscaps, they all seem to go the same place as my disappearing pocket change.

I will give Schneider a call. Maybe I can get them to send a set to my folks place.

Thanks for the information.

Gary