PDA

View Full Version : Shen hao lockdown problem - rear swing.

walter23
18-Nov-2006, 19:38
Any Shen Hao owners had this problem? When I swing the back to the left (counterclockwise) the lock-down lever doesn't seem to tighten it up enough; I can basically move it with as much freedom as when it's not locked down. The problem seems to be that I just can't turn the lever far enough because there's a blocking screw in the way. Swing right works fine.

Any ideas? I'm tempted to just pull the screw out and be careful not to over-tighten in general.

Scott Davis
18-Nov-2006, 21:47
I haven't really had a problem with this, but if the stop screw gets in the way, you can tighten it as far as it will go, remove the arm by unscrewing it from its socket, and re-insert it 1/4 way round the locking nut to re-position it and finish tightening.

walter23
18-Nov-2006, 23:22
Thanks Scott. I've also done some searching and found that one person had to add a thicker washer to get it to tighten up properly, and another just moved the lever to the other threaded hole on the locking nut. I'll probaby just try to find a slightly thicker washer.

Gordon Moat
19-Nov-2006, 11:28
I've done the moving the lever to the other locking hole. That allows pulling the lever for tightening, instead of the previous pushing. If you mount the lever in the other thread hole, then end up still not getting it tight enough, there might be a problem with that part of your camera. Loose position to tighten position should only be about 60º of movement; if you are moving it more than 90º it seems there might be a problem. With the lever starting to the left, you have around 120º of full movement.

My early tendency with the camera was to not want to tighten any knobs or levers too much, though I have knocked the rear standard out of place just by taking the darkcloth off and on. If I did not have all the knobs tight enough, it seems easy to move things out of place. After some usage, I have learned that you can crank down locking pieces very firmly.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
(http://www.allgstudio.com)