PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio submission--Julia Dean--Berenice Abbott Op

Raymond Bleesz
17-Nov-2006, 07:39
I will be submitting a portfolio of 25 b/w prints, a series of formal portraits taken with T55PN film on a AC field camera to the Julia Dean photo workshop honoring Berenice Abbott in the very next few days. ( 25 gallery quality prints, umated, unframed as requested)

Out of curiosity 2 questions please.

Have any of you forum people submitted to this event & your comments?

The 25 b/w prints I am submitting are 11x14's Ilford MG4's . I was planning on using the new Ilford MG box itself to transport/present the prints. Is this unwise or should I go to the expense of a formal portfolio type presentable case? The expense & time already has been significant, and does it really matter what case is used if the prints are the items of importance.

thank you for your comments & suggestions & to Mr. Barker

tim atherton
17-Nov-2006, 09:16
First, I know Julia from long ago - but had lost touch - very good photographer/teacher.

Secondly, if you are just looking a bit "classier" than the Ilford paper box , you should be able to get a very simple 11x14 clamshell type box (1" or 1.5" deep) in plain black or very dark brown for under $20.00 - simple, looks good, and makes viewing the prints very easy.

Hopefully it will be coming back to you?

e.g. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=13129&is=REG&addedTroughType=search