PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Eric_Scott
16-Nov-2006, 22:46
I've spent a lot of time digging thru past posts. Decided it was time to register. What a great resource. I bought two expert drums, one for 4x5 and the other for 8x10. My Jobo processor that I bought new died. I bought a used replacement, and it died shortly after purchase. I couldn't get Jobo to sell me a new motor. The point is that by digging thru the posts here, I learned that I can use these drums with a Beseler motor base. I just received mine today from E-bay. Now I'm a happy camper again.

I shoot mostly 4x5. I have a love/hate relationship with my 8x10. Right now I hate it. I know I'll love it again soon. I shoot Tmax 100 developed in D-76. I print on Oriental Seagull graded fiber paper. Not that it's better than any other combo, but I'm too lazy to try something else.

I guess I'm what some folks call an "enthusiast". I'd like to post some images for critique. How is that done?

Capocheny
16-Nov-2006, 23:12
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum... :)

Cheers

Andrew O'Neill
16-Nov-2006, 23:43
Hi and welcome. To attach images, scroll down from reply to thread to additional options.

Ron Marshall
17-Nov-2006, 00:56
Welcome to the forum Eric.

You can also hand roll the Expert drums on the $20 Jobo roller-base, if your Beseler ever breaks down.

darr
17-Nov-2006, 04:06
Welcome to the LF Community Eric!

Please post an image in this thread (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=17509&highlight=picture+post) as we try to keep it going!

Brian Ellis
17-Nov-2006, 10:51
My memory could be wrong but I thought we've had discussions from time to time about posting images for critique and the decision had been not to do that because of the availability of critique forums in other places (APUG, photo.net) and the desire to keep this a discussion group. Perhaps one of the moderators could clarify.

Ralph Barker
17-Nov-2006, 11:16
Welcome to the Registered Realm, Eric.