PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fellow photographers..

Mr. Doyle
14-Nov-2006, 04:56
Wonderful forum...Dont think I have seen a forum with people so willing to give valued and detailed imput to others.
I have recently returned from a three year stint in the U.S where I was lucky enough to be able to explore the States at my own pace with my trusty Wista.
Now back in my homeland of England contemplating my next project.
I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you all..

Ron Marshall
14-Nov-2006, 05:27
Welcome to the forum Mr. Doyle. Where did you visit in the US? Which Wista model do you have?

Mr. Doyle
14-Nov-2006, 06:02
I was based in LA and basically went out a month at a time. The furthest I went in one trip was to Savanna. I didnt really have a plan at the time and ended up visiting about thirty states. Most of the work I do is based around urban sprawl and the outskirts of places so I usually ended up 'off the map' in small towns, It was great..
Wista is the metal one, can't remeber the name off hand, but it looks a little worse for wear and has quite a bit of gaffa tape holding parts together....

Ted Harris
14-Nov-2006, 06:04
Glad to have you here and looking forward to your contributions.

John Kasaian
14-Nov-2006, 08:24
Welcome aboard! It sounds like a wonderful trip and is only getting better with your 'home turf' now in your Wista's gg!

Ole Tjugen
14-Nov-2006, 10:14
Welcome to the forum Mr. Doyle. Where did you visit in the US? Which Wista model do you have?

Straight to the details... :D

Welcome, Mr. Doyle - but you'd better find out which model of Wista you have ;)

Ron Marshall
14-Nov-2006, 10:27
Straight to the details... :D

Welcome, Mr. Doyle - but you'd better find out which model of Wista you have ;)

Sounds like the VX. A very nice camera. I almost bought one, but opted for a Toho instead.

Drew Bedo
16-Nov-2006, 08:38
Doyle: I am a new member too. You are right about experts sharing good information here. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the USA. I shoot with an old wooden Wista made for the now gone "Zone VI" outfit in Main.