PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock 127mm Ysaron Lens: What is it?

steve Barth
23-Apr-2000, 14:41
Can anyone tell me what the Rodenstock 127mm 1:4.7 Ysaron lens was used for? I would like to know what it was designed to do. It came in a Polaroid Prontor sh utter. The lens cells appear to be a 4-3 Tessar type design.

David_892
23-Apr-2000, 17:31
As far as I know it was used for taking photographs on polaroid film, but I am not sure if it was a large camera to take 4x5 pack or sheet or if it was used with pack film in quarter plate. However, I could be wrong but, well stopped down this may cover 4x5 sheet film. As for lens quality as far as I know it is pretty reasonable nd if the shutter is fine, then you have a very good lens in your possetion.

Todd Frederick
23-Apr-2000, 18:12
That is an outstanding lens. It came as a standard lens on the Polaroid Pathfinder 110A and B cameras.

I took one of those lenses and put it on a Speed Graphic I converted to a field camera and the results were magnificent...very sharp and contrasty with plenty of room for moderate camera movements.

The only downside is that you need to focus by putting the shutter on B and locking in the cable release...no T setting.

Don't throw it away...send it to me if you don't want it!

David F. Stein
23-Apr-2000, 22:07
The 127mm Tominon in Polaroid self-cocking shutter is also superb. In the field, these shutters are great for multiple exposures

Edward Kimball
14-Jan-2002, 09:10
I have just purchased a 127 mm Ysaron in a Polaroid Prontor shutter from ebay and I have a question. What size lensboard hole does it fit? I have a Copal 1 board and I was hoping that the les would fit the board. Also, there is a 127mm Tominon currently on ebay. The auction ends in 1 day if anyone is interested.