PDA

View Full Version : LF newbie here, Sydney Australia

Mark Straughen
11-Nov-2006, 18:43
Hi all,

Just a quick introduction, my name is Mark Straughen and I have just made the switch from Digital SLR to 4x5 LF. Having shot purely Digital for the last 4-5 years, went out and took my first 3 LF shots this morning, must admit it was abit daunting, quite anxious to see the transparencies when I get them from the lab !

I'm sure I'll be posting here quite regularly, as it almost feels like I am learning photography all over again !

roteague
11-Nov-2006, 19:43
Hi Mark, welcome aboard. I was just in Sydney about two weeks ago for a couple of days - I was passing through on my way home from a shoot in Alice Springs, NT.

Ron Marshall
11-Nov-2006, 20:05
Welcome to the forum Mark, and to large format.

Capocheny
11-Nov-2006, 21:12
Hi Mark,

Welcome!

I have to agree with you. Shooting large format after shooting other formats IS a bit like learning a new language... especially when it comes to the movements!

But, a lot of good folks here will help you reduce the learning curve in a big hurry!

Have fun! :)

Cheers

Shen45
11-Nov-2006, 22:32
Hi all,

Just a quick introduction, my name is Mark Straughen and I have just made the switch from Digital SLR to 4x5 LF. Having shot purely Digital for the last 4-5 years, went out and took my first 3 LF shots this morning, must admit it was abit daunting, quite anxious to see the transparencies when I get them from the lab !

I'm sure I'll be posting here quite regularly, as it almost feels like I am learning photography all over again !

Welcome from Adelaide.

This is a good list to be on and you will be amazed how quickly you get the hang of all the large format "stuff"

It is so much fun.

Craig Griffiths
12-Nov-2006, 02:33
Welcome from Brisbane. Steve is right, an excellent place to learn. Enjoy it.

VuiChong
12-Nov-2006, 03:12
Welcome from Coffs Harbour. If you are coming up this way, give us a shout. You will be hooked, just like the rest of us.

Regards

Chong

Mark Straughen
13-Nov-2006, 00:36
Thanks all for the very warm welcome. Whilst I am finding it hard to get used to the new setup, I am already having fun and finding it so much more rewarding than setting up the digital and just firing away :)

Leonard Metcalf
13-Nov-2006, 00:58
Dear Mark,

Welcome, I am up in the Blue Mountains at Wentworth Falls. If you are ever up this way you should drop in. The people at this forum are just fantastic, some great advice in their many heads.

I hope you will be pleased you made the plunge into Large Format... Enjoy....

Regards,

Len

Paul Ewins
13-Nov-2006, 03:19
Hi Mark,
a cold windy welcome from Melbourne - with occasional rain and sunshine.

Paul

Ralph Barker
13-Nov-2006, 07:49
Welcome to the LF Forum, Mark.

steve simmons
13-Nov-2006, 10:13
I've been at this game for 30 years and I still enjoy large format photogrpahy. Enjoy.

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com