PDA

View Full Version : If you have some spare time, check this out.

Eric Rose
10-Nov-2006, 18:35
Ok I have to admit it I'm sitting in my hotel room bored out of my mind. To pass the time I decided to check out the websites listed by our members in the "members list" area. There is some really excellent stuff there!! I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I didn't just just go to the most frequent posters or people I know do excellent work, I checked out the ones we rarely hear from.

Do yourself a favor and retrace my steps.

ER

Scott Rosenberg
10-Nov-2006, 21:19
Eric, count yourself amongst the users doing "excellent work"... you've got some remarkable stuff on your site!

scott

Jon Shiu
10-Nov-2006, 21:32
Eric, how did you browse the list? Is there an easy way just to list the names with websites?

Jon
(on dial-up)

Scott Knowles
11-Nov-2006, 05:41
Ok I have to admit it I'm sitting in my hotel room bored out of my mind. Do yourself a favor and retrace my steps.

After 13+ years of field work with the Dept. of Interior (1978-91) I hate hotel/motel rooms, but I like your photos of Coos Bay. We (team) used used travel the Oregon Coast and we'd stop at the Park south of Coos Bay. We go down the cliffs and sit in the holes left by the concretions (the rocks in your photos - some are large enough for people to sit in) and watch the storms and waves (they have a cool echo too), and then hike around the rocky shore, watching the tide so we didn't get trapped. It's one of my favorite places. Thanks.

Alan Rabe
11-Nov-2006, 05:41
At the top of every page is a menu, one of them is the "members list". One of the columns is their website if they have one. Some are dead.

robc
11-Nov-2006, 06:48
What the members or the websites?

David A. Goldfarb
11-Nov-2006, 07:02
You can also just click on the poster's name in the forum, and a menu will come down with the option of going to their website, if they've entered a website address in their profile.

Eric Rose
11-Nov-2006, 19:48
Gee guys, thanks for the compliments! I wasn't fishing honest.

Tomorrow morning at 4:30am I begin my trek home.