PDA

View Full Version : To those using Tri-x 320

brian steinberger
10-Nov-2006, 10:19
I have a question users of 4x5 tri-x 320 in the large formats. If you also shoot medium format do you also use tri-x 320 as opposed to tri-x 400? Since the 320 version is the only version available for 4x5, I'd like to shoot the same film for medium format as well. But I've heard that they are two drastically different films. Any comments?

Thanks

BrianShaw
10-Nov-2006, 10:32
I've never noticed a difference. I shoot both films as though they are the same. But I'm not quite as discriminating as some folks here. I'm sure those who can tell the difference will chime in soon enough.

CXC
10-Nov-2006, 14:59
I shoot 320 in 8x10 and 400 in 120 and 35mm.

At some point somewhere I read that the old formula is superior (though I can't remember even in what way), so I continue blindly to use it when available. Like Brian, I can't particularly tell the difference in the results, though I do bother to respect the speed difference.

I'm forced by my own laziness to shoot T-Max for 4x5, as I am addicted to ReadyLoads -- I don't even own any 4x5 filmholders...

Sheldon N
10-Nov-2006, 20:45
At some point somewhere I read that the old formula is superior (though I can't remember even in what way), so I continue blindly to use it when available. Like Brian, I can't particularly tell the difference in the results, though I do bother to respect the speed difference.

That is the exact reason why I shoot TX400 in 120 and TXP320 in 4x5! :)

PViapiano
11-Nov-2006, 00:47
I use TXP 320 in both formats.

Right now, it's my main B+W film. I tend to use a film for a long time so that I feel I truly know what to expect from it together with a particular developer.

Yes, they are two different emulsions despite the tri-x label...look at the film curves and shoot some to decide what's best for you.