PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Lens & Repro and/or Photo Habitat?

Ron Whitaker
18-Apr-2000, 22:50
Has anyone had experience purchasing large format cameras/equipment from Lens & Repro and/or Photo Habitat? I believe both are in New York. I was just wonderi ng what they're reputation is to buy from.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Ron Whitaker

Brian Ellis
18-Apr-2000, 23:27
Lens and Repro has an excellent reputation, though I think their prices are a little on the high side. I don't know about Photo Habitat. You probably can find the experience of other people by going to photo.net and clicking on "Neighbor to Neighbor," where comments about almost every photography retailer known to man are posted.

Bryant Urstadt
19-Apr-2000, 11:19
I bought my medium format system from Photo Habitat, and I can recommend it unequivocally. They also have access to excellent repair facilities.

Ellis Vener
19-Apr-2000, 16:02
Both shops have been extremely helpful. I've bought several items from L&R over the past sixteen years and I have always found them to be a fine and reputable company to deal with. Although I've had less experience with Photo Hab itat, the same goes for them. I also highly recommend Ken Hansen Photographic.

P.
25-Apr-2001, 12:22
Two of my instructors at International Center for Photography recommended Photo Habitat at No. 1 store to buy from in NYC. I've also bought some small stuff from them. They guys are MOST HELPFUL and REALLY NICE to deal with.

P.

Kevin Crisp
25-Apr-2001, 18:01
I've dealt with Lens & Repro once, we had a problem on the condition of the item not being as good as I thought it would be. They dealt with me fairly, offered a fair adjustment to the price or a full refund. In my book, this is a better recommendation that simply saying everything went smoothly. I would certainly deal with them again.

james mickelson
28-Apr-2001, 13:35
I bought a nice Goerz 19" apo from them at a very reasonable price. They were very helpful in explaining certain details to me about the lens. It was very enjoyable working with them. James