PDA

View Full Version : ? Problems with 4990 purchase from EpsonStrore

Michael Heald
31-Oct-2006, 06:43
Hello! I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem. I received a refurbished 4990 scanner from EpsonStore. The LaserSoft Silverfast CD wasn't in the box. It is listed on the website as included with the purchase, both in the software section and the "What's in the box" section.
I sent a note to EpsonStore and they said that the CD isn't included. I've written them back pointing out that such a policy is in discrepanycy with what their website states. I'm awaiting their reply.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Since I use Silverfast, I was hoping to upgrade the SE to the AI, but upgrading from scratch will be more expensive. Best regards.

MIke

Kirk Gittings
31-Oct-2006, 06:48
This unacceptable of course. Next email make a screenshot of the ad (save it for evidence) and send it to them.

Frank R
31-Oct-2006, 07:09
I did receive the SE version on disk; no problems. Call the people again.

Doug Fisher
31-Oct-2006, 09:51
I think it can be a hit or miss thing in regard to whether you get one of the CDs with a refurb. Unfortunately, Epson gives themselves an "out" by the disclaimer on their website:

"Refurbished products may or may not contain a media pack or the same software package as new models."

Hopefully Epson will do the right thing and send you an SE CD!

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

wy2l
31-Oct-2006, 10:06
I have been tempted to purchase a 4990 scanner from the Epson Store, but because of the ambigous wording about what is in the box, I waited...

Now I'm glad I waited. I don't want to get involved in this sort of thing. It's a chicken s**** thing for Epson to do. Why Epson plays this game is beyond me... I thought they were a reputable outfit, but now see them in a different light.

Ted Harris
31-Oct-2006, 11:00
If you really want to get it fixed and don't mind spending a few extra minutes then don't bother with customer service. Call the Coproprate Offices in the US and explain your problem there. Be nice and likely they wills ee that you get the CD even though, per Doug's post above, they are not absolutely required to send it to you.

Frank R
31-Oct-2006, 15:14
I can mail you my disk if you promise to mail it back. Email me.

wy2l
1-Nov-2006, 05:28
I can mail you my disk if you promise to mail it back. Email me.

Frank:

Thanks for your generous offer. I took the plunge and ordered one. I will let the community know what's in the box (when the 4990 arrives).

Kris

Michael Heald
1-Nov-2006, 13:34
Hello! Thank you for the info. I didn't pay attention to teh "out" in their ads. I haven't heard back yet fro EpsonStore.
What is the number for corporate Epson in the U.S.? I looked on the website but couldn't find it. Best regards.

Mike

Michael Heald
1-Nov-2006, 14:30
Hello! I just sent an E-Mail to LaserSoft to see if they would give me the upgrade price for AI studio, instead of the full price, since I "should" have had the CD from Epson. I've been impressed with their responsiveness in the past. If they step up into the void created by Epson, I'll let everyone know. Best regards.

Mike

bshaffer
1-Nov-2006, 15:54
Mike ,
I recently purchased 4990 -from epson web site -refurbished -delivered a week and a half ago --silverfast SE included .
barry

Michael Heald
2-Nov-2006, 12:28
Hello! I talked with someone at EpsonStore and they said that they would send me the disk. Hopefully, it'll be here in a week. Best regards.

Mike

wy2l
3-Nov-2006, 14:44
Frank:

Thanks for your generous offer. I took the plunge and ordered one. I will let the community know what's in the box (when the 4990 arrives).

Kris

The refurbished 4990 just arrived (2 days to ship to Boston) with the Silverfast SE disk. No complaints... the Epson Store delivered as promised.

Kris

ae5x
3-Nov-2006, 15:29
Received my refurbed 4990 a week ago with all the software. Now to learn how to tweak all the settings so the scans look similar to the Velvia transparencies...

Michael Heald
13-Nov-2006, 10:34
Hello! I just received the Silverfast SE CD. I'm impressed with EpsonStore. They sent the disk to me, even though they didn't officially "need" to from the exceptions on the refurbished site.
Interestingly, I never heart back from the Silverfast folks when I sent them an E-Mail asking if I could have the upgrade price instead of the regular price. Best regards.

Mike