PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Experts?

JCPhoto
30-Oct-2006, 15:34
Will a bag bellows for a Technikardan or a Color Kardan 4x5 fit a 4x5 Kardan Bi System camera?

John Cote

QCC
30-Oct-2006, 15:56
John

The bag bellows for the Technikardan will not fit the Kardan BI. The bag bellows for the Color Kardan that has frames on both ends which are about 6" square will work.

JCPhoto
30-Oct-2006, 18:32
Thank you my friends for the quick answers. This was my first post here and I can already see what a nice place this is.

John Cote
www.johncotephotography.com

Doug Dolde
30-Oct-2006, 19:27
This was my first post here and I can already see what a nice place this is.

Stick around...it ain't always so nice :)

Frank Petronio
30-Oct-2006, 19:56
You @#$% Doug, stop it!

Bob Salomon
31-Oct-2006, 12:25
No. The bellows for an E, M, RE, GT, GTL, Kardan Color 45S, JBL will all fit. The Re, GT and GTL are all current models so anything that fits their standards will fit your standards. This includes lensboards, ground glasses, fresnels, viewing devices and bellows.

There is nothing made by Linhof for your camera that fits the monorail and nothing has been made that fits your monorail for over 20 years.

Frank Petronio
31-Oct-2006, 12:39
It would be nice of the mods to delete my erronous reply so people aren't confused. Bob S. REALLY IS THE EXPERT.

Arne Croell
31-Oct-2006, 14:39
It would be nice of the mods to delete my erronous reply so people aren't confused. Bob S. REALLY IS THE EXPERT.
??But your answer was right, Frank, and Bob didn't say otherwise. The bellows from the Kardan as well as the other models Bob mentioned will fit. The TK bellows will not fit. Bob's last sentence means that no part that attaches _directly_ to the rail of the Kardan Bi has been available for a long time, but that does not include the bellows, lensboards, or GG assemblies

Michael Ferguson
31-Oct-2006, 14:51
On a similar note, are there any other brands that are compatible with the Kardan bellows? (i.e., as in Horseman/Sinar compatibility)

Richard Kelham
31-Oct-2006, 17:38
On a similar note, are there any other brands that are compatible with the Kardan bellows? (i.e., as in Horseman/Sinar compatibility)

Alas no.

JCPhoto
4-Nov-2006, 09:27
No. The bellows for an E, M, RE, GT, GTL, Kardan Color 45S, JBL will all fit. The Re, GT and GTL are all current models so anything that fits their standards will fit your standards. This includes lensboards, ground glasses, fresnels, viewing devices and bellows.

There is nothing made by Linhof for your camera that fits the monorail and nothing has been made that fits your monorail for over 20 years.

Thanks a lot Bob.