PDA

View Full Version : Basic Unicolor drum questions

Jim Rice
25-Oct-2006, 17:14
I just got three Unicolor print drums, two 8x10"s and one 11x14". When inserting, for instance, one 8x10" sheet of film in the 8x10" drum does one just let it arch over the v channel? I'm assuming one does. Will 200 mL cover the hump? The 11x14" also has the v channel and different end points. Is this for two-up 8x10"? If so that would be pretty handy. My space is seriously limited, so I will be developing paper in them as well. Is there any reason to segregate film (pyrocat-HD) from paper (amidol) drums. Thanks in advance. `j

tim atherton
25-Oct-2006, 17:45
I just got three Unicolor print drums, two 8x10"s and one 11x14". When inserting, for instance, one 8x10" sheet of film in the 8x10" drum does one just let it arch over the v channel? I'm assuming one does. Will 200 mL cover the hump? The 11x14" also has the v channel and different end points. Is this for two-up 8x10"? If so that would be pretty handy. My space is seriously limited, so I will be developing paper in them as well. Is there any reason to segregate film (pyrocat-HD) from paper (amidol) drums. Thanks in advance. `j

on the way you put the sheets in (and going by memory - mine are in boxes), yes on both tanks.

I'll have to check on the 200ml

Michael Heald
26-Oct-2006, 04:16
Hello! I use both the 8x10 and 11x14 drumgs. The instructions list 60cc for an 8x10 print and 120cc for four 4x5 prints. When I have developed paper negatives, these amounts worked well
When I develop for 4x5 TMax in TMax RS, I use 135cc and this works well. I could probably get by with less, but I've never checked it. I use the same amount for a single 8x10 negative.
For the 11x14, I double the quantities. Again, with testing, I could probaly get by with less, but I figure that wuld be a flase economy given the low cost of developer. Best regards.

Mike

Louie Powell
26-Oct-2006, 04:54
I haven't used a Unicolor drum in years, but my recollection agrees with Michael - 2 ounces of liquid in the 8x10 drum, or about 60ml.