PDA

View Full Version : Tips on printing black and white with Imageprint?

Ed Richards
24-Oct-2006, 15:33
Just got Imageprint for my black and white printing. Any tips on what rendering intent and black point setting to use? Other advice on black and white with Imageprint? The manual is mostly about color, and mostly about Epsons - I use a designjet 130.

Kirk Gittings
24-Oct-2006, 16:34
Funny I just wrote a tips section for Imageprint for an upcoming book on digital printing.

Use perceptual and you will find that the BP setting will vary from image to image and paper. My default setting is 30 but I do vary it. You can use it to open up shadows or drop them.

The tint picker is a great tool. these setting vary for different papers too. Don't over do it. I like to use the splitone setting with cool shadows and selenium midtones (that is a tints blend of like 20)

George Stewart
24-Oct-2006, 18:15
The profile for a B&W image to be printed in IP should be set to Gray Gamma 2.2. Remember to always say, "yes" when IP questions your assigned profile.

Ed Richards
25-Oct-2006, 05:41
Imageprint 6.1 uses 16 bit files - does it really run as a 16 bit driver, or does it feed the printer 8 bit data?

Kirk Gittings
25-Oct-2006, 06:36
Ed I believe the limitation is in the printers so everything gets converted. I have done the test and could tell no difference so i assume everything ends up 8 bit.

dwhistance
28-Oct-2006, 10:33
Ed,

I would be very interested in your views on the DJ130 with Imageprint for B&W once you get it going. I use that printer for my larger colour prints but use two Epsons, a 2100 with MIS UT-3D and an R1800 with Cone NK7, for B&W. Sadly both limit me to A3Plus so I would very much like to use the DJ130 for larger prints if I could make it work for B&W.

David Whistance