PDA

View Full Version : Novoflex Magicball 50 problem ...

Matus Kalisky
24-Oct-2006, 08:23
Hi,

because of some reasons I ended up with a Novoflex Magicball 50 (medium size) ballhead. I can not say that I would not be satified with it as such - but I do get a problem fixing the camera on top of it tightly. As can be seen from the picture if you have no quickrelease plate you just screw the camera on it - and this is the weak point - you just do not manage to screw it tightly enough so that the camera would not be easy to be unscrewed waht is especially the problem with LF camera (Tachihara 4x5).

It is more - less clear that without some quickrelease there is probably not much how to fix the problem - the question is - if I get any quickrelease - how I will attached tightly on this ballhead....

.. and should I add that if one uses this head for 35mm cameras and wants to shoot vertially - the camera has to be rotated 90 degrees to be able to reach the vertical position - so if one adds just a simple quickrelease system without possibility to rotate it easily the vertical shots with small format are not possible anymore ... (...why I just did not manage to persuade my girlfriend to go for acratech or kirk ballhead....)

any ideas (apart from the ones of getting another tripod head - that's too simple ;-) ?

thanks

MAtus..