PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Wide field Ektar - f6.3 135mm

Stan Fisher
22-Apr-1998, 23:49
I have have just acquired a 4x5 camera and the lens that I have is a 135mm Kodak Wide Field Ektar. I have no training in operating this type of lens (or camera ).

On the lens there are two series of numbers on the outer ring (one red and one b lack). The red series is marked "T B 1 2 5 10" and there is a red mark that ali gns with these numbers. The black series is marked "25 50 100 200", however, I cannot move the blak mark on the ring to align with this set of numbers.

As a complte View Camera novice, I would appreciate any advice on adjusting and operating this lens.

Thanks.

Ron Shaw
23-Apr-1998, 12:21
This is a very nice lens. Coated, with a 229mm circle of coverage (plenty for 4x 5). The two scales are the shutter speed settings. Different mechanisms were use d for fast and slow speeds. I dont know why you cant align the marker (are you t urning hard enough? There IS some resistance that needs to be overcome). If it s till doesnt move, you may want to send it out for a CLA. Its worth fixing. The 1 35 on 4x5 is a mild WA, about like 40mm on a 35mm camera.

Doug Lavender
2-Aug-1998, 12:09
I too have a 135 WF Ektar. Just got it. On mine, which is in a Flash Supermatic shutter, the red and black indicators are on the same ring. If one moves, so doe s the other. The red one points to the red settings (1/10 sec to T) and the blac k one point to the black settings (1/200 to 1/25).

However, what puzzled me was how to use the preview button (to keep the lens ope n while you are focussing). Turns out you have to cock the shutter, hold the pre view button down and at the same time trip the shutter. Then it stays open until you re-cock.

Maybe everybody else knows this already but it was new to me. My only other shut ter is an Ilex Acme and it is totally different.