PDA

View Full Version : first polaroids

garybridges
10-Oct-2006, 18:41
:) I shot my first polaroids today - it was so cool - I should have done this years ago - to see an image on the ground glass like that. I can hardly wait until I get them developed. working with a 4x5 is a nice change from medium format.

keithwms
10-Oct-2006, 19:26
:) I shot my first polaroids today - it was so cool - I should have done this years ago - to see an image on the ground glass like that. I can hardly wait until I get them developed. working with a 4x5 is a nice change from medium format.

So what film did you use?

garybridges
10-Oct-2006, 20:33
plolapan 100

alec4444
11-Oct-2006, 09:55
Stick with the 100. I tried a 400 speed Polaroid film and they give you these wierd vials that contain a coating for the pic. So you expose the film, develop it, take out this vial of (well...vile) sticky stuff and you paint in on the film. It's really tough to do outside.

The 100 speed film was a dream in comparison. =)

--A

Bob Gentile
11-Oct-2006, 11:27
"... you expose the film, develop it, take out this vial of (well...vile) sticky stuff and you paint in on the film. It's really tough to do outside..."If you're shooting negs, there's no need to do it outside. When I take the shot, I remove the film from the 545 holder without developing it. Later, when I get home -- where I have more control over temperature and dirt -- I re-insert the film pack, develop the film, and then treat the negs. I shoot Type 55, so the treatment is different -- no vile vials -- but the idea is the same.