PDA

View Full Version : The wonderful young lady at the photo store knows what 4x5 is!!

Vick Ko
7-Oct-2006, 08:42
The wonderful young lady at the photo store knows what 4x5 is !!!

The background goes:
- I just bought an LF camera to learn with
- the local photo finisher that I do my medium format with doesn't print 4x5, but will process my negatives. I shot some colour neg's, and will eventual do my own BW

So I was worried that I'd have to go to custom printing for prints - a very expensive option. Or get a scanner (not thrilled with that option).

So I dropped into the local little photo shop and they said they would run the 4x5's through their high res scanner and photographically print the negatives.

And in talking to the lady, she learned 4x5 during college, does assistance work with film, while the main photographer shoots a Hasselblad with digital back. And the rest of the time, she's a diary farmer.

Life is good....

Mark Pope
7-Oct-2006, 11:00
Lucky you! I went into my local branch of Jessops (probably the biggest photo retailer in the UK) to try and get some Perceptol.
The girl behind the counter looked at me as if I had an extra head or something. Shan't make THAT mistake again! :-(

David Rees
7-Oct-2006, 12:28
For Perceptol in the UK, try www.retrophotographic.com. They just started selling Ilford products. Prices seem keen too. I have just ordered a bulk load, to keep me going for five hundred sheets of HP5+ -- that sohuld last me for a while!

Jim Rice
7-Oct-2006, 12:30
Vick, life is damned good.

Steven Barall
7-Oct-2006, 15:52
Does she sit on one of those really short stools when she works the cable release?

robc
7-Oct-2006, 17:26
Does she sit on one of those really short stools when she works the cable release?

no you mis read it, he said...

she's a diary farmer

she does it on a typewriter...

Vick Ko
7-Oct-2006, 18:01
Hah, I see.

No, she lives with her partner, and they own dairy cows. Moooo...