PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working with the 20" or 24" Imac?

false_Aesthetic
1-Oct-2006, 07:19
Hi,

The 17" G5 Imacs had horrible horrible screens (crazy contrast/color shift from center to edge of screen). Does anyone have experience with the 20" or 24" Intel Imacs? Are their screens better?

When I've used the apple studio monitors(20" 23") I haven't had a problem with contrast so I'm not sure if the 17" Imac problem results from cheap LCDs or size or something else.

Obviously, the solution would be to go to an apple store and see . . . they're just a bit too far from me to make it an easy trip.

Thanks
T

Andrew O'Neill
1-Oct-2006, 08:42
My classroom at school (I teach graphics) has one 17 incher. No problems with the screen. I also have some 20 inchers and 24 inchers...they look great! Kids love them, too.

Jeffrey Sipress
1-Oct-2006, 08:52
What? I own several 20" iMacs and the displays are beautiful. Not quite like my 23" Cinema/ LaCie 321 workstation, but very good, and without the problems you mention. You simply must have seen a bad one that doesn't represent the lot of them.

Marko
1-Oct-2006, 08:55
20" Intel iMac here - no problems, great screen.

There are greater screens out there, of course, but nowhere near this price range, even for screen alone.

archivue
5-Oct-2006, 23:21
is any one knows how much cost the same type of screen as in the imac ? model ?
I know that pro eizo, lacie barco are the way to go, but a friend of mine need a cheaper one... so i wonder if there are cheaper alternative as good as the imac screens... thanks