PDA

View Full Version : Tachihara 8x10 lensboards

Gary Smith
30-Sep-2006, 20:11
Hi All,

Just a quick question, I could not find the answer in the archives.

I have a Tachihara 8x10, which I got recently. The camera came with a linhof adapter board, and all my lenses use linhof boards. Which was great.

However, I was fortunate enough to buy a new in box Nikon 150mm SW lens. Much to my amazement, its rear element won't fit through hole on board. So I need to mount it to real Tachihara board. (I dont really want to remove the rear element each time I use the lens) Somebody said Tachihara boards are the same size Sinar or Horseman boards, but I have not been able to verify this.

Does anybody have a good source of either Tachihara 8x10 boards or a generic equivelent?

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Regards.

Gary

Oren Grad
30-Sep-2006, 20:29
Hi Gary -

The Tachihara 8x10 entry in my most recent Nippon Camera Annual (2005) says the camera takes Sinar-type boards.

Just for everyone's future reference, it's actually not quite so simple. Among the motley collection of adapter boards I've accumulated over the years, I have a Tachihara-to-Technika adapter board. Trying that board on different cameras has made clear that while Sinar boards are supposed to fit the Tachihara, Tachihara boards will not necessarily fit cameras designed very tightly around the dimensions of Sinar boards. The Tachihara boards follow the classic wooden board design, with a lip and a thicker center section. Some cameras that work beautifully with the thin metal Sinar boards will not accept the Tachihara boards because they don't have an opening large enough to accept the thicker center section. You have to check the specifics of each Sinar board-type camera to know whether a Tachihara board will work or not.

But your Tachihara should be able to accept Sinar/Horseman boards. If it can't, I'd be surprised and would like to hear about it.

Cheers...

...Oren

PS - the Wista 8x10 ought to be identical to the Tachihara in this respect.

Gary Smith
30-Sep-2006, 21:21
Oren,

Thanks for the info! A great help, I will let you know if it doesnt fit!

Regards.

Gary