PDA

View Full Version : Paddy from Ireland

Paddy
30-Sep-2006, 15:09
Hello all

I must admit to your horror that i am a Canon Digital man, but my first venture into photography was with my dads Hanimax 1940's 120 roll film camera as a young lad in the early 1970's, then on to 35mm slr's untill recently.

I have always been obsessed with photography and even more so the large size full frame stuff as i have a photo of my grandad from 1919 which is crystal clear so much you can see the veins in his eyes and the reflection of the photographer who is taking the photo ( full frame obviously ).

I hope you wont mind me learning from you site

Thanks

Paddy

John Kasaian
30-Sep-2006, 15:38
Paddy,

Welcome aboard! We'll have you lusting after a 12x20 ULF before you can say "Shilaylay" ummm "Shelally" errr "Shululu" I mean "shelaylee"...well, you know.....

Ron Marshall
30-Sep-2006, 16:51
Welcome to the site. You're lucky, having so many beautiful old photogenic churches in Eire.

Jim McD
30-Sep-2006, 16:57
Welcome, you live in the land of sweet light where people travel to see the beauty. There is a lot to learn, and to teach her

Jim (out of Galway and Mayo)

Brian Ellis
30-Sep-2006, 18:24
Welcome, you might even be pursuaded to give large format a try. It seems a shame to waste the beauty of your country on a toy camera. : - ) My maternal great grandfather was from County Mayo and I spent a couple weeks there two years ago, wonderful people, wonderful country.

Paddy
30-Sep-2006, 23:54
Thankyou all, i am actually just outside Westport Co Mayo and right on the border with Connemara Co Galway amongst the Mountains and Bog where i spend most of my Sundays taking pics, Actually a Brit who moved here many years ago.

Lucky in photography terms i know but unfortunatley i cant do that every day.

MJSfoto1956
1-Oct-2006, 14:29
Thankyou all, i am actually just outside Westport Co Mayo and right on the border with Connemara Co Galway amongst the Mountains and Bog where i spend most of my Sundays taking pics

Well then, here is a large-format, digital infrared taken just south of your town of Westport using my Linhof and Betterlight back:

http://static.flickr.com/10/18193293_6ede754723_o.jpg

Cheers!

Paddy
1-Oct-2006, 14:42
Yes michael very nice, are you down by the river off the Leenaun Road half way between Westport and Leenaun with that one ? looks like it.

The front photo of your website--Old House in snow----Very Nice !!!!

MJSfoto1956
1-Oct-2006, 15:00
Yes michael very nice, are you down by the river off the Leenaun Road half way between Westport and Leenaun with that one ? looks like it.

You got it! Lovely area you live in. You can bet I will return again in the future.

Paddy
1-Oct-2006, 15:06
I'll keep a few bottles ready

Michael Daily
2-Oct-2006, 15:51
Welcome, Paddy! Hoist a few pints of bitter for me as well. The cornfields of Indiana are gray with envy.
Michael