PDA

View Full Version : A pool to special order 5x7" Portra

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
28-Sep-2006, 10:16
For the last couple of years I have been using Kodak's Portra NC in the 5x7" format for a special project mainly because it is the biggest pice of film you can scan on the IMACON. Now the big yellow brother has discontinued this last available color negative film in the 5X7" I have been looking for Fuji NPS in this format and also color negative in the metric 13x18 cm with no luck.
Could we not try to put together a pool to special order this film or the newer version of it through an interested and friendly dealer ? The last time I bought this film from B&H it was $ 150 for a box of 50 sheets. If the price has not gone through the roof I would be interested in five boxes (250 sheets) Somehow this was done for 5x7" TMY with success.

"To quote Ted Harris on Photonet's Large Format Forum , sep 16, 2006; 11:16 p.m.
Kodak has affirmed that Portra NC 160 is no longer available in 5x7 other than by special order. The minimum buy for a special order is $10K. Check in at the LF Forum for details as I am going to try and pull such an order together through an interested dealer"

poco
28-Sep-2006, 16:01
If you're willing to organize this, I'd be interested in two boxes.

-Michael

tonepixs
29-Sep-2006, 04:06
I'd be interested in ordering a few boxs how would the shipping go to the UK?

Don Wallace
29-Sep-2006, 06:17
I just got into 5x7 and I am disappointed that Portra will not be available, so sign me up for some.

Lew Herman
29-Sep-2006, 07:10
I would also be interested in a few boxes of 5x7 Portra.

Capocheny
29-Sep-2006, 22:59
Gudmundur,

Just curious... have you inquired with Jim at Midwest to see if they would offer a better price on this film?

Or, Jeff at Badger Graphics?

We might just as well try and get the best price possible if we're going to pursue this. Jim and Jeff are great people to deal with... :)

I'd be interested in 150 sheets if we are absolutely sure this is the best deal possible.

Thanks for organizing this.

Cheers