PDA

View Full Version : Durst 184 Moving Help

Geary Lyons
28-Sep-2006, 10:13
Hi,
I am considering acquiring a Durst 184. It will need to be "broken down" into head, and the 2 pieces of the chassis to accommodate moving from the old home to the new home. I know there has been past discusion regarding this but I can not find in the archives. I would appreciate any explanations.

Anyone have an electronic copy of the manual and/or parts catalog?

Thanks!
Geary

Jon Shiu
28-Sep-2006, 12:11
Geary here is the link:
http://manuelsphoto.free.fr/durstl184.pdf

Have fun!

Jon

Geary Lyons
28-Sep-2006, 15:36
Got it! Downloaded and printed. Thanks, Jon. I don't know about "have fun", probably more like "get hernia!".

Cheers,
Geary

Geary here is the link:
http://manuelsphoto.free.fr/durstl184.pdf

Have fun!

Jon

Jon Shiu
28-Sep-2006, 15:47
Let me know if you need a hand. I'm good at taking apart and moving stuff. Not so sure about putting stuff back together though.

Jon

Geary Lyons
28-Sep-2006, 23:15
Let me know if you need a hand. I'm good at taking apart and moving stuff. Not so sure about putting stuff back together though.

Jon

Well, I can usually put things back together more efficiently than the original design. I never seem to need all of the parts that the initial assembly required! The manual clarified that the enlarger would break down to its 3 major components, rather than grunting and groaning to budge the entire 400 pound single piece of of Italian iron!!
I'll keep you posted on the progress! I really should not be considering this!!
Geary

wfwhitaker
1-Oct-2006, 13:49
Dear Geary,

I fear I must shoulder the full blame for this one. Clearly the disease has advanced with ever new signs of a deep infection.

Best regards for a full recovery,
Will

p.s. - I have a beautiful 14" Kern-Schneider Dagor in a Compur 3 if you think it might provide some relief from the fever. -w

;)

Geary Lyons
1-Oct-2006, 20:09
Don't mock me. You, of all people, know that the disease is incurable and terminal. At least you accept the responsibility for infecting me with Durst 138 envyitis! But as it goes with all such addictive diseases, I have to move up to a fix that is larger and stronger!!

Thought that I might get the 184 this weekend, but alas, the seller has not been available as agreed. Yeah, I think the Kern just may provide at least some temporary relief and comfort!!
Cheers,
Geary

Dear Geary,

I fear I must shoulder the full blame for this one. Clearly the disease has advanced with ever new signs of a deep infection.

Best regards for a full recovery,
Will

p.s. - I have a beautiful 14" Kern-Schneider Dagor in a Compur 3 if you think it might provide some relief from the fever. -w

;)