PDA

View Full Version : Problems with silverfast and Epson V700

Songyun
27-Sep-2006, 19:31
I installed silverfast SE, but the program shut down in 3 seconds. I have reinstalled my system, and a fresh copy of silverfast SE, but still not working. I tried to remove the pref folder, but still not working.

Ed Richards
27-Sep-2006, 19:46
Have you downloaded the updates? Did you uninstall it, then reboot, before reinstalling?

Songyun
27-Sep-2006, 21:07
no, i didn't download any update. just the silverfast se come with the scanner.
Since it was not working, I reinstalled the system, and reinstall the silverfast SE. nothing changed, still not working. very wired.

Remigius
28-Sep-2006, 03:15
Was the scanner attached and switched on when you started the program? Sometimes the scanner programs expect the scanner to be up and running otherwise they refuse to start (if they have a bad day even without telling you why).

Doug Fisher
28-Sep-2006, 06:06
Silverfast has a forum on their site where they answer questions. You might want to scan the archives of past posts. Also, Silverfast phone support is fairly decent so you might want to save time and just give them a call.

Doug
---
www.BetterScanning.com

Songyun
28-Sep-2006, 07:25
thanks, I will try to call them. Everything else seems fine, I can use the espon scanner software.

Songyun
28-Sep-2006, 22:42
Finally, I find the reason...
I just recently bought a creative webcam. As soon as I unplug the webcam, it just worked again.