PDA

View Full Version : The Dog Chapel

Ted Harris
22-Sep-2006, 12:54
There is a well know artist and craftsman based in St. Johnsbury, VT by the name of Stephen Huneck. It is a place of love and warmth and no lover of dogs or animals of any kind comes away from a visit unmoved. He says of the Chapel ""I built that chapel on Dog Mountain, our mountain-top farm in St. Johnsbury ... and styled it in the manner of a small village church built in Vermont around 1820. It is important to me that the chapel looks like it belongs with its setting of rolling mountains and pasture. The white steeple points up to the heavens, and on the top is a Lab with wings that turns in the wind and proclaims this place has a special affinity with dogs."

More importantly as you come to the path leading to the Chapel there is a sign that proclaims:

All Creeds
All Breeds
No Dogmas

I intentionally stay out of most discussions on topics where blood seems to boil and beliefs are held with such passion that, in the words and minds of many posters, there seems to be little room for other views. It is likely a futile hope but read those words ... think about them, please.

Eric Biggerstaff
22-Sep-2006, 13:14
Nice post Ted, thanks and good words to remember.

Walter Calahan
22-Sep-2006, 13:28
Everyday is Saturday to a dog!

Sal Santamaura
22-Sep-2006, 15:06
Beware of Dogma!

Sheldon N
22-Sep-2006, 15:44
I love the bumper sticker "My karma ran over my dogma". :)

Capocheny
22-Sep-2006, 19:23
Everyday is Saturday to a dog!

It's a dog's life! :)

Cheers

George Kara
22-Sep-2006, 20:10
Excuse me while I cough up a hair ball.

Ron Marshall
22-Sep-2006, 21:20
I intentionally stay out of most discussions on topics where blood seems to boil and beliefs are held with such passion that, in the words and minds of many posters, there seems to be little room for other views. It is likely a futile hope but read those words ... think about them, please.

Those poster's bark is worse than their bite. Nice thoughts Ted.