- one long rail
- 2 extra bellows still in boxs
- air release
- 3 120 type backs
- all this in an aluminum case

What do you think all this is worth?

Sheldon N
17-Sep-2006, 22:36
Perhaps $600-750 if you parted everything out, assuming ordinary gear and bargain condition. A lot depends on what the 120 film backs are (ie. if they are a Horseman 6x12, on of those alone is worth almost $500). You don't say what the 90mm lens is, (Compur is the type of shutter) so I assumed it was a Schneider Angulon.

In terms of useability as a kit for starting out in LF, I wouldn't want to spend more than $450 on it. You could do better with a 135 or 150mm as a starting lens, and a lot of the gear is redundant. But, if you're industrious and like to sell things on Ebay, it might help pay for itself.

dferrier
18-Sep-2006, 05:29
I did in fact have in mind to sell the pieces that were duplicated. And yes I believe the lens is the Scheider as you mention. Since I posted my original question though I have searched and found that a Cambo like mine was at the time I looked last night being bid on Ebay for about $65. I thought that was kind of low. And the lens I have was selling for about $65. The film holders for about $10 for 4 of them(!?). I hope if and when I do put some of this up for sale I can get more for it than that.

The 120 film backs are black plastic with almost no markings. One does have large white numbers "23" marked on it. The other two I believe have no markings.

So far as I can tell the equipment is in good condition. I mounted it on a tripod and played with focusing on the gg. The image was really dim looking at it on the glass, but guess that was probably normal.

Perhaps $600-750 if you parted everything out, assuming ordinary gear and bargain condition. A lot depends on what the 120 film backs are (ie. if they are a Horseman 6x12, on of those alone is worth almost $500). You don't say what the 90mm lens is, (Compur is the type of shutter) so I assumed it was a Schneider Angulon.

In terms of useability as a kit for starting out in LF, I wouldn't want to spend more than $450 on it. You could do better with a 135 or 150mm as a starting lens, and a lot of the gear is redundant. But, if you're industrious and like to sell things on Ebay, it might help pay for itself.