PDA

View Full Version : Help ID this back, please

Rafael Garcia
17-Sep-2006, 18:37
What is this 4x5 back manufacturer, use, etc.)?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/ragc01/5x7%20Korona%20Photos/9a_1.jpg

Sheldon N
17-Sep-2006, 18:40
I believe it is off a Graphic View, but I'm not sure if it's a version I or version II.

Rafael Garcia
17-Sep-2006, 18:43
I looked it up and it looks like you are correct. Will it take conventional holders, graflock holders? I am going to make a 4x5 back for my 5x7 Gundlach Korona View with it, if possible (so I can shoot color).

Vick Vickery
17-Sep-2006, 20:19
It looks like the one on an old graphic view (version I) I once had...in any case it is a spring back and will not accept graflok accessories; any thing you put in it has to fit under the ground glass.

Rafael Garcia
17-Sep-2006, 20:30
It looks like the one on an old graphic view (version I) I once had...in any case it is a spring back and will not accept graflok accessories; any thing you put in it has to fit under the ground glass.

Will it take standard 4x5 holders? That's all I need. Also the photos I see of the Graphic View I show pins on all four sides for it to clip on... they seem to be missing on this back. Not that that matters much, since I have to build a wood back to mount it on my 5x7 and the pins are not needed for that, but I'm curious.

Charles Webb
17-Sep-2006, 22:20
Yes, it indeed will work just fine with most 4x5 holders!

No you will attach new pins when the graphic back is mated with the new back board.

C Webb

Rafael Garcia
18-Sep-2006, 09:22
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

Rafael