PDA

View Full Version : OH NO - Linhof badge falls off

Vick Ko
11-Sep-2006, 11:48
I was out for "shoot #2" with my camera this Sunday. All week it was beautiful weather and Sunday was the only day with decent weather for a morning shoot.

I'm playing with the lens tilts to get foreground and background DOF. And with all this playing, the Linhof badge on my camera pops off the lens board.

The other thing that I wasn't watching was that with extreme shifting of the lens, I was running the bellows into the top lip of the camera. I scraped some of the bellows and panicked a bit on that, thinking that I punctured them, but they look good still.

Still annoyed that the badge came off.

But having a blast at learning this camera.

...Vick

Doug Dolde
11-Sep-2006, 12:11
Just be glad it wasn't your contact lens.

Walter Calahan
11-Sep-2006, 12:15
Badges

Badges

We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Sorry for your trouble. Fortunately it doesn't compromise the image quality.

Ben Calwell
11-Sep-2006, 12:26
Vic,
My Linhof 5x7 is minus its badge and its leather covering. I stripped it down to bare metal because the leatherette (not original to the camera) was peeling off when I bought it second hand.

Vick Ko
11-Sep-2006, 13:07
Oh - one for the "Newbie mistakes" - during this shoot, I forgot to take my loupe (an enlarger lens that has fungus).

I discovered how nice the Linhof ground glass is.

I just had to take off my eyeglasses (I'm near sighted) and the image is very very nice.

...Vick

Capocheny
11-Sep-2006, 13:14
Just be glad it wasn't your contact lens.

Or, the lens from the camera!! :)

Cheers

adrian tyler
11-Sep-2006, 13:29
that's a julian cope song walt...

tim atherton
11-Sep-2006, 13:34
You can probably find a Hello Kitty badge just the right size to glue in its place...

Michael Rosenberg
11-Sep-2006, 13:38
Vic,

I know how you feel, the badge fell off of my viewing hood on the gg protector of my MT2000 a couple of months ago. I think that Linhof should send us replacements! :-)

Mike

Frank Petronio
11-Sep-2006, 13:47
So your camera just depreciated $2000 and started talking Japanese...

JW Dewdney
11-Sep-2006, 14:40
There goes your BOKEH!!! Whatcha gonna do??

Ralph Barker
11-Sep-2006, 14:47
I always thought Linhof used special glue for the badges. If the glue senses the photographer isn't cool enough, the glue releases and the badge falls off. Maybe you need a cooler hat, Vick. ;)

Brian Ellis
11-Sep-2006, 15:13
I feel your pain. MidWest Photo Exchange used to sell these badges, six for about $20 as I recall. So you might check with them if you want to restore your lensboard to its former glory.

Gordon Moat
11-Sep-2006, 15:25
Oh no!

Now you need to apply 0.1º of swing to the right, and 0.1º of tilt forward to compensate. You see, that Linhof badge created a balance in the lens board, and now you need to move it to compensate on all future shots.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio (http://www.allgstudio.com)

Jim Rice
11-Sep-2006, 15:41
I think a Hello Kitty badge would look just fine on Margret's (Mg C-1) lensboards. But I'll save the trip to the mall until after I aquire an actual lens.

Doug Herta
11-Sep-2006, 16:33
that's a julian cope song walt...

Taken from a line in the movie "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" adrian...

Bob Salomon
12-Sep-2006, 03:12
Marflex has badges. marflex@aol.com