PDA

View Full Version : Recessed lens board, CC-419

billdlv
10-Sep-2006, 11:27
Hi I am trying to find a recessed lens board for a Calumet CC-401. I have looked on e-bay and midwest photo exchange and have not been able to find one yet. The model number from calumet is CC-419.

I don't think it would be that hard to make it either out of foam board or even machine it out of aluminum.

The problem is I don't have one to get the dimensions off of, specifically how far back the recess is, how tapered the walls are to clear the front standard mount, and if there is a bead on the backside of the main flange like there is on the flat boards I have.

I made a rough drawing which is attached. If anyone has a board maybe they could compare dimensions and let me know if the drawing is accurate. Or if someone has a board that they want to sell or know where to buy one that would be great. I know SK Grimes could probably make one but I think it might be a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks,
Bill

Nick_3536
10-Sep-2006, 11:29
http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/CC45040.html

That?

billdlv
10-Sep-2006, 11:34
That looks like it might be it.

The one picture I have is in the instruction manual for the camera and the flanges look wider.

I did look on the Calumet site, how did you search to get it??

60 bucks is not bad I guess...

Thanks,
Bill

Nick_3536
10-Sep-2006, 11:36
Just type 400 into the search box. Then narrow it to the Calumet brand stuff. You'll find the few things they still sell for the CC-400 type cameras.

billdlv
10-Sep-2006, 11:44
Boy do I feel stupid....

Thanks for the help.

Bill