PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 8x10 processors

Colin Benson
4-Feb-2000, 19:00
I'm thinking of doing some 8x10 image and dye transfers. I have an 8x10 camera. The next step is to get a processor and film holder. The polaroid thing costs a lot (around $800 I think). I've seen an ad. for some 'Polaroid Radiographic Film Processors' for a lot less. Is there a difference between these and the thing I would get from B&H for lots of money apart from the label?

On a related note, has anyone used the Calumet hand-cranked processor? How does it compare to the Polaroid model?

On another related note (making it a sonorous sub-question I suppose), what shou ld I look for if I decide to pick up this kit in used form?

thanks

c

Tony Brent
5-Feb-2000, 00:44
I have finished my first box of Type 804, all run through the hand-crank processor from Calumet without a problem. I love it. Keep the rollers clean of course as with any Polaroid equipment and it should last a good long time. I cant comment about the radiographic equipment, sorry.

tim atherton
5-Feb-2000, 01:04
I just saw an ad for one on rec.photo marketplace large-format

Dont know if it's what you are looking for - stillfailry expensive.

Tim A

~~Professional Polaroid~~ Polaprinter 8x10 (Slides to 8x10 Film) Mintish @ $350.00 8x10 Processing System (Latest & Complete) Mintish @ $650.00 >Price Includes Shipping< *Offers & Trades Considered* e-Mail: WadePics@aol.com wade2000@darientel.net e-wade@mindspring.com wade_saunders@juno.com or Call: (912) 634-5534 Eastern Time Wade Saunders

Chris Hawkins
5-Feb-2000, 20:51
You can get a used 8x10 "electric only" processor for $400 from Midwest Photo in Columbus, Ohio. The new manual or electric processors are more expensive.

Peter Shier
29-May-2001, 13:09
I realize this was a while ago, but which processor did you get and how is it working? Also, if anyone is using the Calumet processor I'd like to know if that has worked well.

Thanks, Peter Shier