PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Horseman field

Trevor_5516
5-Sep-2006, 20:25
Hi Guys...

first off, i'm pretty new to the forum having only discovering it 2 days ago through a friend... and well, i'm OVERJOYED to discover such a big user group of something i thought only old people shot. (4x5 and above.)

Having said so, i recently upgraded from my crown graphic, buying a used horseman Woodman from photo.net. However, the darn thing did not come with any lens boards. Having only a beat up graflex, and a toyo 45 from school, i'm not too sure what kind of lens boards the woodman takes.

I'm hoping some kind soul here could shed some light on the kind of lens board the woodman takes and perhaps also reccomend a place to get it apart from evil bay.

thanks guys... appreciate your time.

best regards,
Trevor

Sheldon N
5-Sep-2006, 20:40
I believe it uses the Linhof Technika style lensboards, which are also compatible with Wista/Shen Hao/Tachihara and several other camera types.

Trevor_5516
5-Sep-2006, 21:01
hmm....

thanks!!!!

just wondering, would the lens boards that fit on a Zone VI go on the Woodman?

thanks once again

Hiro
6-Sep-2006, 15:39
Woodman does take Linhof Technika type boards.

would the lens boards that fit on a Zone VI go on the Woodman?
That depends on "which Zone VI." From reading, there are Tachihara, Wista, Wisner, and Calumet versions (more?) of Zone VI field cameras. Wista should be compatible with Woodman. Wisner and Calumet versions look alike and take wooden lens boards, i.e. these boards are much thicker and don't fit Woodman. Tachihara version...I don't know. Newer Tachi's take the Linhof board, but I've seen older ones with wooden boards.