PDA

View Full Version : looking for a back for my technika III

donsars
3-Sep-2006, 02:26
Hi,

Just picked up this Linhof Technika III (it must be a three but the serial nr = 15003, which means it would be a II which it isnt it really is a three).
But there is one thing i'm missing, and that one thing is a international back or graflock back.
Now it takes those original single film linhof casettes, but i want to use my 545i polaroid back and double sheet filmholders.

A classmate has the same camera but has the correct back attached to it, can I fit one of those to my camera as well, and how does it work??

would the back in this add fit my camera?

http://koopjes.marktplaats.nl/fotografie/professionele_camera_s_en_toebehoren/49324671.html?return=eJxNycsJgDAMANBdOkCrF5F0moCRlv5CEgsi7u7Vd30IKzwZlqiw7eBOnEOykcZkxhDCJCmDqfuGUowroqnvNVxKgkfLPbT7X5zYxfcDK2MfsQ%3D%3D&df=1

sorry for the long link.

thanx in advance.

A little bit info on myself to introduce would be polite.

I'm Don.
From amsterdam the netherlands.
Studying at the art school and this year is my final year.
Some work can be find on my website www.donsars.nl

Emil Ems
3-Sep-2006, 07:07
Don,

the back in your picture would not fit your Technika III. It fits only Technika's IV and upwards. There is, however, a late version of the Technika III (almost a Technika IV) which has an international back which would fit. But you have to buy not only the counterpart to the item shown in your picture (the frame you detach in order to be able to put on a rollfilm holder etc.), but also the underlying frame that is attached to the camera itself.

To see what I mean, turn the back 45 degrees vis-à-vis the camera body. You will see four levers at the four corners that can be pushed outwards by your thumbs (applied to the rigded outer surface of each lever). Once all four levers are pushed outwards, the frame can be lifted off of the cameral body itself. You woul have to buy the new version of that frame, together with the fitting groundglass holder, in order to refurbish your Technika III into an international back Technika.

Those frames are not routinely sold in isolation. Usually you have to buy the whole camera. This type of Technika III is distinguished from yours by having two focusing knobs instead of one and by a bevelled front (instead of a straight front like yours).

I hope this helps.

Bob Salomon
3-Sep-2006, 07:49
15001 was a III made in Oct. of 1956. So zours is also.

donsars
3-Sep-2006, 10:51
Thanks for the reply.

My technika does have 2 focussing knobs?
But it doenst have the correct back?

Strange.

donsars
3-Sep-2006, 10:56
so my linhof technika III is the 5th version?
since it has 2 focussing knobs?
so it wouldnt be a problem to retrofit a graflock back??

Carioca
3-Sep-2006, 13:27
Don,

the back in your picture would not fit your Technika III. It fits only Technika's IV and upwards. There is, however, a late version of the Technika III (almost a Technika IV) which has an international back which would fit. But you have to buy not only the counterpart to the item shown in your picture (the frame you detach in order to be able to put on a rollfilm holder etc.), but also the underlying frame that is attached to the camera itself.

To see what I mean, turn the back 45 degrees vis-à-vis the camera body. You will see four levers at the four corners that can be pushed outwards by your thumbs (applied to the rigded outer surface of each lever). Once all four levers are pushed outwards, the frame can be lifted off of the cameral body itself. You woul have to buy the new version of that frame, together with the fitting groundglass holder, in order to refurbish your Technika III into an international back Technika.

Those frames are not routinely sold in isolation. Usually you have to buy the whole camera. This type of Technika III is distinguished from yours by having two focusing knobs instead of one and by a bevelled front (instead of a straight front like yours).

I hope this helps.

Hi,
I might have the combination you need.
I replaced my Technika IV back assembly with a special (and rare) Linhof back that allows me to work with Prontor shutters, Sinar DB shutter style, so my original became obsolete. Contact me and we could try to find out if my old assembly could fit your camera.

Sidney

donsars
3-Sep-2006, 13:51
I just send you a message Sidney (while i thought you where Emil, little mistake, sorry about that)