PDA

View Full Version : Ebony bellows compression

Bruce Pottorff
2-Sep-2006, 16:25
OK guys...the house sold for what we were asking, so I think it's time to Ebony up. The SV45U looks like it might be a decent enough camera, but I do have one question. If I get one with the universal bellows, will I be able to focus an 80XL on a flat board with substantial movements? Any other comments or concerns?

Eric James
2-Sep-2006, 18:57
I was able to focus an 80XL on my SV45U2 (flat board/universal bellows) with a couple mm to spare; not sure what substantial means to you and your photography.

Don Hutton
2-Sep-2006, 19:34
You will get reasonable movement - not full movement to the edge of the image circle. It's a great camera.

OK guys...the house sold for what we were asking, so I think it's time to Ebony up. The SV45U looks like it might be a decent enough camera, but I do have one question. If I get one with the universal bellows, will I be able to focus an 80XL on a flat board with substantial movements? Any other comments or concerns?

CXC
2-Sep-2006, 19:45
Good choice; if I had too much money that is the extra camera I would buy.

Steve Hamley
4-Sep-2006, 02:59
Yes,

I have both the camera and lens and you can. Maybe not full movements, but all I've ever needed. With shorter focal lengths you usually don't need as extensive movements shooting landscape because of the greater DOF.

Steve