PDA

View Full Version : Satin Snow Glass Announcement

Kirk Gittings
1-Sep-2006, 16:52
Dave Parker at Satin Snow (who seems to be a really good guy by the way) asked me to post this for him over here:

Folks

I have always been very open and up front with our product, but I do have to say, things have become very overwhelming and I am sorry to say, currently,, we are working on a 6-10 week delivery time with screens, we are a product of our own making and your confidence, but I cannot keep up the pace at which I and my wife are going, unless there is an emergancy, I cannot guarantee delivery quicker than the 6-10 week time frame...

What many don't seem to realize, is we are a very small company, working out of our home, all of the screens we make are made on our kitchen counter, I have been working on a shop to move it out of the house and it has not quite happened as of yet, I am sorry, as a working photographer, I also have contracts that I have to fill, and with over 2200 individual orders we have taken in June, July and August, we are going to be working on getting these done and out to the customers before the end of the year...

However, I do have to thank each and everyone for making us the number one selling glass in the industry and we are working very hard to ensure everybody gets there screens, but as we are only two people running three seperate businesses, it has become very difficult to keep up the pace, every single person or company that has ordered screens from us will get their screens(s), just perhaps not as quick as I thought they would.

Thank you, I really am thankful for a group of people like you and we are, whether you believe it or not, am trying to get them out as fast as we can.

Dave Parker
Satin Snow Ground Glass

Michael Graves
1-Sep-2006, 17:05
Wow. I must have gotten lucky. He did my Toyo ground glass in two weeks. Then again, I did mention over the phone that the old one had a close encounter with a solid object.

Oren Grad
1-Sep-2006, 17:10
It took about ten weeks for him to do a pair of 6.5x8.5 screens for me recently. It's a good product, worth the wait.

snuck
1-Sep-2006, 22:44
yes, after slapping his ground glass on my speed graphic, I've mysteriously had more 'solid hits' even with nakkid eye focussing. Well alright, maybe it's not so mysterious...

Ron Marshall
1-Sep-2006, 23:12
I bought one of their screens as a back-up and it has been my main glass ever since. Good product, definately brighter.