PDA

View Full Version : 11x14 Fildelity Holder (or ANSI Standard) Dimensions?

alec4444
31-Aug-2006, 08:55
Hi guys,

Trying to identify whether or not a filmholder is going to fit my ANSI standard camera. If anyone out there in TV land has an 11x14 Fidelity Filmholder or other make (for a camera that uses that filmholder) can you please measure the outside dimensions (LxW) & thickness (H) with the darkslide removed? My guess is that the handle for the darkslide could fluctuate, so this would be the only accurate way to measure it.....

Thanks!
--A

Oren Grad
31-Aug-2006, 09:17
Alec, here's some info that may be helpful:

Large Format Camera Film Holder Specifications (http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/filmhold.html)

Sal Santamaura
31-Aug-2006, 09:28
Alec, here's some info that may be helpful:

Large Format Camera Film Holder Specifications (http://home.earthlink.net/~eahoo/page8/filmhold.html)Note that there's an error in the information Oren linked to. Both the drawing and second row table heading say: "Depth to film surface." Those should both be corrected to read: "Depth to septum."

alec4444
31-Aug-2006, 09:33
THANK YOU, Oren, hugely helpful! Sad I couldn't find that on the web myself...kept getting posts like this one...but without the useful URL you just posted... =)

--A

Oren Grad
31-Aug-2006, 09:52
Note that there's an error in the information Oren linked to. Both the drawing and second row table heading say: "Depth to film surface." Those should both be corrected to read: "Depth to septum."

Sal, thanks for the correction.

alec4444
31-Aug-2006, 13:38
Haven't heard back from my large format consultant ;) ....perhaps you guys would know this... Are the 11x14 film holders from a B&J repro camera interchangeable with the Fidelity ones? (i.e. Built to the ANSI standard Oren provided?)

Thanks!
--A

sanking
2-Sep-2006, 08:11
Haven't heard back from my large format consultant ;) ....perhaps you guys would know this... Are the 11x14 film holders from a B&J repro camera interchangeable with the Fidelity ones? (i.e. Built to the ANSI standard Oren provided?)

Thanks!
--A

Probably, though I could not swear to it. 11X14 has been an ANSI size for a very long time.

Sandy King