PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon mounting problem...

DanJones
28-Aug-2006, 17:01
i recently purchased a used 150mm f5.6 / W / Copal C lens.
i went to mount it on a lens board (i have a shen hao) and i noticed a small screw head sticking out from the mounting surface...
all the other screws on the lens surface are flush, but this one sticks up (it is screwed all the way down and has a barrel like head).
i certainly don't want to remove the screw, but i can't mount the lens with it in the way.
...any ideas?

Amund BLix Aaeng
28-Aug-2006, 17:06
You can file a notch for the screw in the lens board, that will keep the lens in place. Or just remove the screw and mount the lens, that what most of us do I guess ;)

Sheldon N
28-Aug-2006, 17:07
Feel free to remove the screw. It functions as a stop pin that can help keep the lens from spinning in the lens hole. If you want to use the screw, you have to drill a small receiving hole in the lensboard for it to fit into. I had the screw in all my Fuji lenses, and have removed it. Once the mounting ring is screwed tight, there's no concern about the lens spinning.

Capocheny
28-Aug-2006, 18:32
i certainly don't want to remove the screw, but i can't mount the lens with it in the way...any ideas?

Hi Dan,

Are you mounting the lens yourself or are you having a tech do it for you? If you're having a technician mount the lens... then you can either choose to keep (or remove) the pin. However, if you're mounting it... I'd remove it. :)

There's no option other than to drill the hole into the lens board if you want to keep the screw. Personally, I've always had the screw removed just for simplicity sake. And, if you ever want to mount the lens in a different lens board (i.e., you buy a different camera that takes a different sized lens board), you'll have to go through the same exercise each time. It's a pita! :)

As Sheldon and Amund said... it just keeps the lens from spinning around on the lens board.

Cheers

400d
28-Aug-2006, 19:16
You can file a notch for the screw in the lens board, that will keep the lens in place. Or just remove the screw and mount the lens, that what most of us do I guess ;)
Of course there is another way to do it, you file the screw.

DanJones
1-Sep-2006, 21:16
...thanks to all that replied...screw gone...lens on board.