PDA

View Full Version : First Time Roll Paper User on Epson 4000

neil poulsen
27-Aug-2006, 10:20
I'm attempting to use roll paper for the first time on my Epson 4000, and I'm running into a problem:

According to the Epson Printer Guide, entering Page Setup (say from Photoshop), I'm supposed have different Roll Paper options in the Format For drop-down menu list. For example:

> Stylus Pro 4000
> Borderless (Auto Expand)
> Borderless (Retain Size)
> Maximum
> Roll Paper - Banner
> Roll Paper - Borderless (Auto Expand)
> Roll Paper - Borderless (Retain Size)
> Roll Paper - Borderless Banner
> Roll Paper

In fact, I only have the first option, "Stylus Pro 4000".

The printer guide also states that what I see on the Format For drop-down menu list, depends on " . . . which print queues you selected in the Print Center (or Printer Setup Utility) . . . "

Of course, there are zero instructions in the Epson Printer Guide on using the Printer Setup Utility. I've tried invoking the Printer Setup Utility, but I get nowhere. There's either nothing from which to select, or options are grayed-out.

How can I get my roll-paper option going? It's past the warranty period, so I doubt that Epson will help.

Walter Calahan
27-Aug-2006, 16:55
Epson doesn't make it easy.

As I write this, I'm not looking at my Epson 4000 driver, but here goes off the top of my head.

First you got to find where you change the driver from sheet feed to roll.

Then you have to make a custom paper size the the image you want to print, and select it in the print dialogue book.

Frustrating I know, but that's how one prints from a roll in a nutshell.

Tomorrow when I get onto my desktop machine I look around to see what I forgot to say here.

neil poulsen
28-Aug-2006, 22:09
Walter,

Thanks for your response. What you indicate makes perfect sense. I'm looking forward to what you find out.

By the way, am I correct in thinking that the Printer Setup Utility is an Apple utility, versus an Epson utility?

Neil

Robert Oliver
29-Aug-2006, 07:17
it's been awhile since i've installed mine but I vaguely remember having to jump through some extra hoops. I think you have to go to epson's website and download current drivers. are you mac or pc?

neil poulsen
30-Aug-2006, 02:01
Mac. Thanks.