PDA

View Full Version : B&W filter advice needed for leaf peeper

Bill_1856
27-Aug-2006, 07:54
I'll be be in New England during leaf-peeping season, and intend to shoot some LF B&W (in addition to digital color). But I have no experience doing this, and wonder what filters I should take. My usual kit is light, medium, and dark yellow (K1, k2, G), light red (A), and a polarizer. What else do you recommend?

BrianShaw
27-Aug-2006, 08:26
LF color film and a sweater.

Ted Harris
27-Aug-2006, 08:41
Hi Bill,For foliage closeups I like a green filtr, it nicely brings out the veining on the leaves.

I assume you are talking about your trip to join us at the Fall Foliage Workshop at the end of September and if so .....

I will have a green fiter with me as part of my Lee filtrs and you will probably be able to mount it on your lens if you want to do so ... I have a variety of lens mounts one should work.

Bill_1856
27-Aug-2006, 09:55
Thanks Ted. I didn't wan't to bother you while you were in the middle of moving. Brian, I can't imagine why anyone would shoot LF color film these days. I can make far better color prints from digital capture than I ever could with Dye Transfer or Ilfochrome -- without killing myself in the darkroom. And yes, I've been to New England in the autumn before and will also take a raincoat, umbrella, and wool sox.

David Karp
27-Aug-2006, 11:11
I assume those will be Red Sox.

Jorge Gasteazoro
27-Aug-2006, 18:03
What the heck is a leaf peeping? ......

Bill_1856
27-Aug-2006, 18:27
What the heck is a leaf peeping? ......
Peepers are tourists who visit a region in the autumn just to look when the tree leaves have spectacularly changed from green to multi-colored. (As in
Peeping Tom.)

Bill_1856
28-Aug-2006, 07:38
I assume those will be Red Sox.
David, in my part of the world, the Reds are Cincinatti, and the Sox are Chicago White.