PDA

View Full Version : Noba model #5 and a eastman view No 2

R kansas
27-Aug-2006, 06:39
If you know anyone that would like to buy my to cameras or if you would email me with offers if you would like to see pic i will send them to you . both camera are in absolutely perfect condition w/acc . also i have a complete dark room it has Two (6' sinks anything and everything you would to start your own dark room . thanks Rick
I need to move all this equipment .

Brian Ellis
27-Aug-2006, 12:41
The only reason I can think of to use a filter for b&w photography of autumn foliage is to prevent two colors from merging or (the other side of the same coin) to emphasize the tonal difference between two colors. E.g. if you're photographing red leaves against green foliage of similar EVs the colors would tend to merge in b&w unless you used a filter (red if you wanted to lighten the red leaves relative to the green or green if you wanted to lighten the green relative to the red). If you're going with Ted you're going with the best and I'm sure he can advise you about appropriate filters much better than I can. But FWIW (not much, the autumn foliage in Florida where I lived until recently is the same as the winter, spring, and summer foliage, in fact there's only one season in Florida, the hot and humid one) I'd forget about the three different yellow filters you mention and just bring a basic b&w filter kit consisting of yellow, orange, red and green filters plus a polarizer.