PDA

View Full Version : cable release with electonic timer

Jon Miller
30-Mar-2000, 10:31
Is there a cable release with an attached electronic timer for long exposures. 1 -1000, 2-1000, etc... isn't my cup of tea.

thanks

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2000, 10:51
Prontor makes a mechanical one that times to 32 seconds. It is expensive enough to be electronic.

Electronic shutters from Horseman, Rollei and Prontor also have this capability but they make the Prontor one look like a bargin basement clearence item.

Larry Huppert
30-Mar-2000, 21:20
I looked into this about a year ago. Bob's assessment is right on target. The only other possibility is that the Kapture Group makes an electronic cable release which you could hook up to a flash wizard for timing, and do exactly what you desire. I'd guess the cost of this solution is around $1500 to $2000.

The least expensive solution is to use a standard cable release with an electronic kitchen timer and put a human between the two devices to provide an interface.

Bill Glickman
1-Apr-2000, 01:05
Larry, that was flat out funny... and true of course... I have resorted to a countdown watch on my wrist, and then, like a dog, when the bell rings, release the cable release, simple, but I too would prefer an easy electronic cable release that is reliable...OH well? We will have to stick to human interface!