PDA

View Full Version : Sad moment yesterday

SAShruby
18-Aug-2006, 06:33
Yesterday my Lotus 8x20 finally arrived. Looks beautiful, it was used and there are little wood chips. So I opened one slide to look inside of the craftsmanship and voila, there was something grey. Weird. Staring at that grey thing for three or four second to find out where are ridges for film importing… And my brain finally processed what that grey thing is…What a speed of light thinking… One, two three four.Shit. It’s film you idiot. CLOSE IT!
Naah… too late. What a waste.

Colin Graham
18-Aug-2006, 07:12
Ouch. What is a sheet of 8x20 up to now, anyway?
-just went and looked. $8 for ilford/kodak and half that for the eastern european films. How is it possible to have contempt for your materials at such a price?

SAShruby
18-Aug-2006, 08:03
Colin,

You know it was a moment only.:) Anyway thread supposed to be funny. Obviously, it did not turned that way. :confused::D

Mark Sampson
18-Aug-2006, 08:09
Before you open the other side, check the darkslide for silver vs. black. You may have a good sheet to expose, or someone elses's image to develop.

GPS
18-Aug-2006, 10:55
A sad moment? What use would you have of that sheet of film without knowing if it was exposed or not and what is its ISO?

SAShruby
18-Aug-2006, 11:27
Maybe if I would check notches in my darkroom, I would know which one is it.

Robert Skeoch
18-Aug-2006, 15:10
I can't wait to see this new beauty. I hope you can make it out to either the Algonquin Gathering in Oct. or the Junk Yard Shoot also this fall.
i think you're in for a lot of fun.
rob skeoch
www.bigcameraworkshops.com

Capocheny
18-Aug-2006, 22:53
Maybe if I would check notches in my darkroom, I would know which one is it.

Hi Peter,

Ouch... that hurts! If you only briefly exposed the piece of film... process it and see if there's anything on it. If it hasn't been exposed, I'll wager that the other side isn't exposed either. How do I know? Just intuition. :)

Anyway, once you know the results, you'll know what film type is on the other side of the holder since very, very, very few people load different film types in a single holder. :)

Good luck... and be sure to let us know how things come out!

Cheers

Geert
25-Aug-2006, 01:15
Anyway, once you know the results, you'll know what film type is on the other side of the holder since very, very, very few people load different film types in a single holder. :)

This statement is especially true for ULF film. I only use one type & speed.

G

SAShruby
25-Aug-2006, 12:28
Sure guys,

I will let you know. I will process it this weekend and see if it was exposed.

SAShruby
25-Aug-2006, 12:42
I can't wait to see this new beauty. I hope you can make it out to either the Algonquin Gathering in Oct. or the Junk Yard Shoot also this fall.
i think you're in for a lot of fun.
rob skeoch
www.bigcameraworkshops.com

Robert,

Yeah, I would like to take it with me. I already bought Adox PL film for it. Let's hope I can move with this elephant around. The proble is I do not have film storage box for 8x20 and exchange tent. I am trying to buy paper safe, but no luck on E**Y.

Let's hope I can be there. I'll take my both cameras with me then.

Robert Skeoch
25-Aug-2006, 13:10
I could bring a jumbo harrison tent along. In case that helps.
I'll be printing 16x20's in the next few weeks. if I finish off a box I'll save it for you.

I hope to